What's new

How i can fix this gillette fatboy?

Hey people! english are not my native language, i hoppe all of you can understand me.
i buy this gillette fatboy, but i dont see this problem before click "buy". i ask to the seller if him can send me some pictures of the razor head, and i see this. (i gonna put the razor photos in the comments)
This problem have solucion? its the t bar or the door?

Thsnkos so much!

Attachments

• 20211205_074252 (1).jpg
    20211205_074252 (1).jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20211205_121410_549.jpg
    IMG_20211205_121410_549.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 69
R

romsitsa

Hello!

It can be repaired, but it is hard to tell what is actually wrong. It looks like the safety bar is bent and something is going on with the doors.

You can send it for tune-up/repair service to one of the few good places and they will also clean and polish your razor as best as they can. I wouldn't risk fixing it myself. I wanted to do similar thing on one of my Aristocrats, but I gave up and I might send it for a repair rather than destroying it myself.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
These vintage razors have been around a long time, and sometimes they simply got dropped in the sink.
Often, repair is a simple matter of "tweaking" it back to where it belongs.
The most common problem from dropping is a bent safety bar or misalignment of doors, neither of which is too difficult to fix on your own.
Once you have this razor in your hands, you can take pictures showing the details that we cannot see in the photos provided, and it is likely that many here could "talk you through" the repair process.
Be VERY careful if you decide to send it out for repairs because there are some unethical companies out there.
Read up on the history of the company you choose before you send your razor to them.

Top Bottom