What's new

How effective is jojoba oil as a moisturizer?

...and I'm not talking about using a few drops with your existing moisturizer. Has anyone tried using it on its own? Impressions? I have normal/semi dry skin and it seems everything I use irritates my skin so I'm going to try the organic route.

Works well for me. I tend to break out with a lot of creams. But I do fine with just a little jojoba. My skin is pretty normal too a little dry. I don't use very much at all thou. A few 'drips' from the bottle does my whole face and neck.

I believe it is similar to your skins own oils in some way, so tends to be a good oil for this. It also has a long shelf life.

These things are hard to judge without trying thou. I haven't heard of anyone having problems with jojoba but I'm sure some do.

Please try Nature's Baby Organics Face & Body Moisturizer. It is USDA Organic (certified) and it was created for babies, but it works just like on an adult.
You can order it from iherb.com, it's rather cheap, less than $7 and you can have a $5 discount if you enter the IRO586 coupon code.

I think jojoba is great as an all around moisturizer. I have oily skin and use it as a pre-shave oil and often as a post shave as well. It doesn't leave a heavy oily residue since your skin absorbs it readily, though the smell can be a bit funky. I also use it on my hands, elbows... etc as before I go to bed.

Have you guys tried putting a few drops of some other essential oils in it for scent?

Or putting a few drops in your lather or on your brush before you whip it up?

It's excellent stuff.. very similar ph/to human sebum.

I prefer to use virgin coconut oil now, but only because I have multiple uses for it. Moisturizing/protecting skin, cooking, etc. (different jars, of course).

Doesn't really work for me as a moisturizer but I use regularly on my hair, either alone or with groom & clean.

I recently got a bottle of 100% jojoba oil (I think the brand name is Desert Essence) from my local Whole Foods. No scent that I can detect. Works great on my face, and I use it on my hair as well instead of styling product. Just a couple of drops in my palm, and rubbed together with a few drops of warm water.

I make our own lotion and one of the main ingredients is Jojoba oil. It works great. I also add a few tablespoons to both our shampoo and conditioner.

Have you guys tried putting a few drops of some other essential oils in it for scent?

Or putting a few drops in your lather or on your brush before you whip it up?
I use it as a beard oil. I put cedar EO and lavender EO at a ratio of 2:1 and it smells pretty good.

Top Bottom