What's new

How Effective Is Clubman?

Use it every day! Going to stock up on the other scents too. I did order a bottle of Speick to throw in the mix though based off of everyone else's great reviews.

Original Clubman is excellent stuff, I use it more than any of the other 20+ A/S's I have. Speick is very nice too, but doesn't last at all. Speick has a nice, clean "green" kind of scent. It does seem to moisturize some and helps sooth a rough shave. You can use it very liberally and not worry about offending anyone in the office. With Clubman, you've got to be a little restrained.

Its a good AS but not subtle when you take a wiff. that said its not really overpowering at all. IMHO, its performance is not the equal of floid, myrsol, speick, or proraso splashes. but its a classic and everyone should have a bottle. I clubbed up just the other day actually

204 years if my math adds up...

You are correct. My bottle says 200th anniversary 1810-2010. Did I buy a really old bottle or are they still advertising the 200th anniversary? If it is 4 years old will it affect it's performance at all?

Clubman smells like someone lit a goat on fire and used radiator fluid to extinguish the flames. Its a powerful scent, slightly addictive.

Treats my skin great, I dont need a moisturizer or balm.

You are correct. My bottle says 200th anniversary 1810-2010. Did I buy a really old bottle or are they still advertising the 200th anniversary? If it is 4 years old will it affect it's performance at all?

I just bought a bottle that says the same thing. Don't think it is really 4 years old.

Another fan of the Clubman. Most other alcohol basedafte rshaves have very little “lotioness.” Despite a quick an very mild burn, the Clubman doesn’t dry out my skin.

I bought mine a few weeks ago, it also says 200th anniversary. It seems to work great.

In other Clubman threads I've read about a foul scent from bottles of Clubman left on the shelf too long. If encountered, shaking fixes it. Just BTW and FYI.

$this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

I'm venturing to buy my first clubman products. The original and VIBR. The comments have me both excited and scared lol. Either way should be fun. I'm curious what my SWMBO will think as well. Getting on the wagon, only thing is I'm used to more modern scents .....

The bottle I just bought also has the 200th anniversary seal on it. I think they're just running with it.

I finished off my shave tonight with some Clubman. This was my first time using it and I like it. The scent is very unique, but pleasant. By looking at the ingredients list I thought it may be drying considering the weather, but it wasn't. It is not as moisturizing as some of my other splashes but it got the job done. Left my skin feeling pretty soft. I will definitely keep a bottle of this stuff around. This stuff gets two thumbs of from me.

Top Bottom