What's new

How does Hawk V3 shave compare to Vector Ti shave?

We're just waiting on production to wrap up for the Vector Ti. Most of the components have been completed so we're pretty close. If we're really, really lucky they'll be here this month. If we're medium lucky it should be early Sept. :)
Are we likely to see the Vector Ti in the new Satin finish going forward like the Blackbird? This looks like a sweet finish.

I actually prefer the size, weight, and milder shave of the Razorock Hawk. The Vector is unique and in high demand so you could sell it easily if you don't like it. I don't see many used Vectors for sale on here or ebay.

I have the SS SB Vector and I recently acquired the Hawk V3 with the A plate for variety/as a travel razor. With a standard AC blade, the Vector is worlds apart from the A plate in terms of efficiency; the “A” has to stand for something other than aggressive. I didn’t try the Hawk OC given my experience with the .84 Jaws (a rough beast that yields no benefit in return for its brutality). But I did try the A plate with the Feather Super. In this combination, the Hawk A plate is both incredibly smooth and efficient and rivals the Vector with a Kai mild pink. The Hawk A plate is no Vector, which was engineered to be great, but with the Super it is a phenomenal razor, by accident (I say this because the IB site makes clear that though they are compatible, the Hawk is not intended to be used with Supers).

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@LoveTheSlant , your experience matches everyone else’s posted experiences with the Hawk V3A. RazoRock says the “A” stands for AgGrESsIvE and everyone who’s used it report it’s more of an “Ah, that’s pleasant” experience.

I’ve got the Hawk V3OC and alternate between coveting the Vector (OC and, occasionally SB) and thinking “but they’re for people who didn’t choose the North American opossum as their spirit animal.”

If the V3 OC is anything like the GC Jaws, I think your spirit animal must be a very angry badger. 🤣🤣

The V3 A plate was anything but Ah. A mild razor will give me razor burn when I try to get the shave I want from a razor that doesn’t want to give it. The Pro Supers completely change the geometry of the V3 A in a very good way.

I could get as close a shave with the Jaws, but the unpleasant cost is not worth it given the many other razors that will yield equal or better results without the unpleasantness. And that’s why I stayed away from the V3 OC.

You should try the Vector. I’m no stranger to the dynamic of buying the “this is the greatest razor ever” only to find that “this is what so many think is so great?” Blackland engineers great razors and has never disappointed in this way, and the Vector far exceeded expectations.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The JAWS 0.84 shallow with a medium-sharp blade or steep with any blade works okay for me if my prep and lather are good. Shallow with a Bic was bad on the ATG pass.

The Hawk V3OC works great at any angle with a Schick Proline, is great shallow with a Feather Pro Super, and feels like disarming a bomb steep with a Feather Pro Super.

Will see how well my impulse control isn’t in November regarding the Vector or ti Vector.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Will see how well my impulse control isn’t in November regarding the Vector or ti Vector.

chrome_screenshot_1649951214555.png

Top Bottom