What's new

How Does Alum Reduce Burn?

Astra SP's always give me razor burn, but I love them so much I keep trying them. I recently added an alum block to my routine and I have ZERO after-burn now, even with the Astra's! My question is...

I understand about the antiseptic, toning, and other benefits the alum provides but...how does it prevent or reduce the specific phenomena of the razor burn? It seems like being an antiseptic and astringent has nothing to do with how it's reducing the burn? So what is it? How it do what it do?

For me, razor burn reflects technical problems, especially pressure or sub-optimal razor angle. I doubt that alum would help much with either problem. :popc::popc:

That makes sense! I was thinking that if you have razor burn, there's really nothing that truly makes it go away unless you used something to literally numb the skin. I bet it is just me getting better after all. Thanks!

The Astra blades aren’t giving you razor burn, you are ☺️

Honest truth of using too much pressure. I still am using up Schick disposables when in hurry. I have to use pressure with then they weight less then 1/4 OZ.

Real DE is 1.98 OZ big difference. I let weight of razor do work.

Two passes equals super shave. Razor does work I just guile it with not much pressure.

Top Bottom