What's new

How Does a Fine Morning Shave Make Your Day Positive?

I have found that a good uninterrupted morning shave gets me in a positive frame of reference and in a ready to go mode. To me, one must be clean shaven and appropriately dressed to be in work mode. In my business, it is always a rule to be the face of the company. Not like a bum you step over in the streets here.

I have found that a good uninterrupted morning shave gets me in a positive frame of reference and in a ready to go mode. To me, one must be clean shaven and appropriately dressed to be in work mode. In my business, it is always a rule to be the face of the company. Not like a bum you step over in the streets here.

Amen to that! It’s a major mood and confidence booster.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's a reminder you own your day!

Now all you have to do is conquer the world; a veritable snap.

AA

For me, it's a Zen-like experience. The ritual is relaxing and gives my brain a re-set.

Not to mention the awesome scents!

Even on my days off. When I don't shave things just feel a bit off kilter.
Agreed! For me it's a morning ritual that starts off my day. What makes my day is getting that perfect glistening lather, though it's hard with some soaps. When that happens I think throughout the day what I did wrong and what I can do to improve. (col conk I'm looking at you)

It’s rejuvenating after a hot shower and then a splash of some nice Pinaud Clubman. A cup of coffee and I’m ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I agree with this!
For me, it's a Zen-like experience. The ritual is relaxing and gives my brain a re-set.

Not to mention the awesome scents!

And this .it feels like meditation if I stay in the moment

I have posted something similar before about my return to DE shaving after 30 some years of various electrics. The return coincided with the time my wife became terminally ill. During the 18 months of her illness, the shaving ritual gave me a brief respite from the illness. I had a few minutes of turning a former chore into a period of pampering myself. The satisfaction of building a good lather and the immeasurably better shave accompanied by my wife feeling my smooth cheek and saying “wow”. She is now gone 10 months but I can still imagine her hand on my face. I find this therapeutic and it has helped me cope with the biggest loss of my life.

Every time I read a post about the fear of someone’s wife discovering their latest purchase (even the desperately needed items) I chuckle to myself and also feel a bit envious. It is hard to believe that was once a chore can now be comforting to me. I’m grateful for having discovered this hobby and for the camaraderie that these forums provide.

I have posted something similar before about my return to DE shaving after 30 some years of various electrics. The return coincided with the time my wife became terminally ill. During the 18 months of her illness, the shaving ritual gave me a brief respite from the illness. I had a few minutes of turning a former chore into a period of pampering myself. The satisfaction of building a good lather and the immeasurably better shave accompanied by my wife feeling my smooth cheek and saying “wow”. She is now gone 10 months but I can still imagine her hand on my face. I find this therapeutic and it has helped me cope with the biggest loss of my life.

Every time I read a post about the fear of someone’s wife discovering their latest purchase (even the desperately needed items) I chuckle to myself and also feel a bit envious. It is hard to believe that was once a chore can now be comforting to me. I’m grateful for having discovered this hobby and for the camaraderie that these forums provide.

A heartbreaking story. I truly could not even bear to imagine losing my wife. Thanks for sharing! I hope such things bring you fond memories.

[1]This morning I blew through the alarm and was running late. For once in my life (Hello Stevie) I composed myself, did not rush through my ablution and walked out of my Reading Room with a DFS with a Nacet and my Slim on 4. It was a nice feeling to compose myself, enjoy some Proraso red, my new Omega brush which finally gives me a nice face of lather, and my beloved Slim. On the train calm as a cuke with a smooth facha. Thursday is my toughest day and I'm good to go. My Great Grandfather and Grandmother had a saying (told to me in Yiddish) the day is called the present for a reason. Because each day is a gift from Hashem. One has to make the best of these gifts. I understand now what it means. As a kid, you don't get it.

Last edited:

So sorry for your loss Steve. Thank you though for sharing this as it reminds us all of what's most important in life and how precious and short it is.

The morning shave for me is a simple yet refreshing daily ritual. I thoroughly enjoy it and it just sets the tone for the day, to begin freshly shaven and that splash of Skin Bracer is exhilarating. :001_cool:

My day can be thrown off-course if a shave goes awry. However, it could be that something was troubling me that made the shave go awry.
A good shave is a source of pride. It starts the day perfectly.

A great shave doesn't necessarily mean my day will run swimmingly, but I can guarantee a bad shave is usually a harbinger for a day when I wish I stayed home in bed.

I usually too groggy for it to register and have any influence on the days outcome. What happens in the bathroom stays in the bathroom.
dave

Top Bottom