What's new

How do you zone out?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Reading, writing, learning music, walking, watching waves roll in, or gazing out over countryside, spending time with my young nieces, fixing stuff, sharpening knives, cooking, sleeping.

Exactly. And Beefeater is my favorite composer.

Beefeater is my favorite gin too. On trips to KY to visit my wife's family, where Beefeater is $10+ cheaper a half-gal than NJ, I stock up. When I run out of my KY Beefeater supply, I go to Gordon's gin.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
On October 19th I will be zoning out to autumn colors at a cabin in the Ozarks. I haven’t experienced autumn since 1992.

Beefeater is my favorite gin too. On trips to KY to visit my wife's family, where Beefeater is $10+ cheaper a half-gal than NJ, I stock up. When I run out of my KY Beefeater supply, I go to Gordon's gin.

That's a great price.

I like Gordon's too. It's the quintessential G&T component with Schweppes Tonic, lovely stuff. I've been meaning to try Bombay Original because it lacks 2 botanicals that give the Sapphire that chemically aroma. It's their original formula prior to 1980's buyout.

Exercise (lifting weights and cardio), watching movies, reading books, golf, watching sports, etc, etc.
I actually dont think the world is any crazier now than its ever been. Its just a matter of the fact that bad news sells more than good news does and we have 24 hour news networks that have to find something to fill the hours of reporting.

I actually dont think the world is any crazier now than its ever been. Its just a matter of the fact that bad news sells more than good news does and we have 24 hour news networks that have to find something to fill the hours of reporting.
That's a really good point, and the involvement of news networks and their reporters/presenters in social media also adds fuel to the fire, because a more dramatic story means more engagement. On top of that there's the age/perception factor. I've got vivid memories of being at my grandparents as a young kid, hearing them moaning about how the world's gone crazy and thinking "eh ? what are they on about?". Now I'm the one doing the same moaning about the state of things.

All that said I still genuinely do think the world IS getting crazier by the minute, which brings us back to the zoning out thing, because worrying about it won't change anything :)

From my cat.....

“I climb atop the frig and watch the goings on.”

8C74AF44-B631-4477-8EC1-66BFE46456ED.jpeg

Top Bottom