• As a lather bowl

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • As a soap dish

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • For rinsing the razor

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Decoration only

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Mugs are for drinking from, not shaving with!

Votes: 15 26.3%

• Total voters

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I do have a couple of lather bowls and soap dishes, but the mug in my bathroom is for rinsing my razor in, so the sink water stays free of stubble for face rinsing.

IMG_20210415_121110.jpg

How do you use yours?

I do have a couple of lather bowls and soap dishes, but the mug in my bathroom is for rinsing my razor in, so the sink water stays free of stubble for face rinsing.

View attachment 1251711

How do you use yours?
You're idea is good! Will start doing this tomorrow. I use a plastic measuring cup to pour very hot water into my Q-shave scuttle, and then clean the razor. I had been swishing the razor in the sink.

I load in the container of soap, then put it into my stainless steel bowl then make the lather in that. I might be the odd duck there with that. I've always found this to be the best way for me.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
My hard soap comes in a plastic jar. I just swirl the brush atop the soap and lather, requiring no mug.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I load the brush in the mug and then face lather, with the exception of Williams, for which I load the brush and at least begin to build the lather in the mug. For most soaps in a mug I load the brush for 20 seconds or thereabouts, while with Williams the brush is in the mug for at least a solid minute, often significantly longer, with a few drops of water introduced to the mug a couple times. When I take the brush to my face the Williams lather is lather, but it is still a little pasty, so I add a little more water and continue building the lather on my face. I've done it this way for well over 40 years. Most of the problems that today's shavers have with Williams stems from the fact that they don't know really understand to make lather with a "mug" soap.

I load the brush in the mug and then face lather, with the exception of Williams, for which I load the brush and at least begin to build the lather in the mug. For most soaps in a mug I load the brush for 20 seconds or thereabouts, while with Williams the brush is in the mug for at least a solid minute, often significantly longer, with a few drops of water introduced to the mug a couple times. When I take the brush to my face the Williams lather is lather, but it is still a little pasty, so I add a little more water and continue building the lather on my face. I've done it this way for well over 40 years. Most of the problems that today's shavers have with Williams stems from the fact that they don't know really understand to make lather with a "mug" soap.

+1

That's why I said both. Williams fits perfectly in my mug and I lather right there. It's not tough.

No mug. I bowl lather half the time and face lather the other half. Doesn't matter if it's a soap or cream I'm using at the time.

The only mug I have in my bathroom is used to drink water or dilute acv as a hair conditioner
Bowls are to lather or store nick nacks.. ok and one is now below the sink because the faucet slightly leaks when used and I need to replace some valves, rings and grease it up.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I use one as a holder for a Sv soap puck and another for a mug to soak the brush while I shower.

Top Bottom