What's new

How do you store your razors ?

20171209_151909.jpg

I have about 10 of these display/storage cases. I plan on passing my collection on to my son and 2 grandsons.
IMG_9193.JPG

Luckily enough, I have a couple of shelves for my razors plus a rack I made that holds approx. 25 rotation razors. I try to use them all. kinda fun to walk in and see them all silently yelling "Pick me, Pick me".

9B21B447-CCB7-4351-9955-76153BF1E5DD.jpeg
Inspired by your stands and racks and unable to sleep (I have insomnia), I decided to make a rack for some of my razors. I remembered I have a tiny "crate" that is supposed to be used to store things in, but I hate it very much because it sucks and everything always falls out the sides, so it just sits in my closet because I never use it and get mad when I see how stupid it is. But now it finally gets to serve a purpose!
So I modified it slightly by glueing some extra pieces of wood along the top so the razors don't fall through the gap, and viola!

My next step is going to be cutting it in half so I can also use the other side, and making legs for the rack to stand on, but since it's 6 o'clock Sunday morning and I live in an apartment complex, I can't really bust out my wood saw (...for like at least another hour, right?).

If anyone has any tips or suggestions on my rack project, please go ahead and let me know!

Last edited:
Cool idea. I think it has a neat vintage look already but perhaps a bit of furniture polish/oil to draw out the rich colors of the wood grain? Looks like if you cut it in half your legs are already there.

ps. I always wondered about insomnia. Do you have to wait until your body forces you to sleep to get any?

Last edited:
When I see all those incredibly nice pictures, I have to admit that I am envious of your collections and how you have organized your razors.
I have a small collection of 8 razors that are in a simple stand for test tubes inside the bathroom cabinet.
I wish I had more razors and a finer way to have them on display

When I see all those incredibly nice pictures, I have to admit that I am envious of your collections and how you have organized your razors.
I have a small collection of 8 razors that are in a simple stand for test tubes inside the bathroom cabinet.
I wish I had more razors and a finer way to have them on display
Those old test tube racks are cool. I need one for my sink countertop. Just can't find the right one.

Built this after I started going crazy buying razors. And brushes. My plan was to save money by using DE razors. So far, that is not working out.
IMG_20190526_190532.jpg

Cool idea. I think it has a neat vintage look already but perhaps a bit of furniture polish/oil to draw out the rich colors of the wood grain? Looks like if you cut it in half your legs are already there.

ps. I always wondered about insomnia. Do you have to wait until your body forces you to sleep to get any?

Thanks! Those are good suggestions.

And the insomnia, well. I can only speak to how it is for me; it comes and goes. Sometimes I can sleep well every night for weeks. Other times (like now), I can't fall asleep even though my body and mind are exhausted. Right now I have just finished my second sleepless night in a row. It's early Monday morning, and I've been up since Saturday morning (46 hours). This is pretty standard. When it's at its worst it's just as you described it: my body just eventually gives up and I pass out without even noticing.

Built this after I started going crazy buying razors. And brushes. My plan was to save money by using DE razors. So far, that is not working out. View attachment 984418

Man, those indentations you made to hang your brushes is a damn fine idea! I will steal it and adapt it to my rack somehow.

I got this 12-sided rubber stamp carousel, mint-in-box from an army surplus store. (Only $8.00 CAD too!)
It was originally bought for brushes and razors, as in the photo, but now it's all razors, and the brushes have been moved to a spice rack.
Polyurethane tubing over the steel clips prevent scratches.
It turns easily, so I literally have a dozen razors "in rotation". :whistling:
Ingenious storage solution, John...but then, where do you keep your rubber stamps?
More to the point, where do you keep your spices?
And if you've commandeered the spice rack for brushes, where then do you keep your wife?!

Top Bottom