What's new

How do you store your pens?

With my pen collection growing at alarming rates I am starting to wonder about storage. How do you store your pen collections? To protect them not to display them. Currently they are pilled up on my desktop. Why not in desk? Well the desk is currently bursting at the seems filled with fly tying materials. Maybe a pouch or small container? Looking for ideas. This hobby is very addictive. I am looking for ways to put the pens to use haha. Kinda hard for someone that didn't hand write much before and not for a long time. I am having a blast with it though.

Thanks a bunch!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I started off with something like this wooden tool chest, although the one I got is no longer in production.

Once the drawers are lined with corrugated felt trays you've got a great storage system.
(this not my photo, I borrowed it as I'm having PC and camera issues)
1584927060394.png

Slotted trays you cut to size here: GoPens.com | 12″ x 16″ Slotted Display Trays - https://gopens.com/12-x-16-slotted-display-trays/

As an architect my pen collection too never stops growing. I have a mug designed with blue prints holding my daily more fun ones for display. As for all my pencils and liner pens, they go in speedball books from amazon. The small capacity ones, have larger elastic slots fitting the thick pen diameters, but the large capacity has smaller elastic slots fitting pencil diameter. Hope that helps!
Here’s the link:

Attachments

• E6DE5149-54EA-4EA7-9D68-B920488242AD.jpeg
    E6DE5149-54EA-4EA7-9D68-B920488242AD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 5C847857-A0E1-4127-8722-73CA15163938.jpeg
    5C847857-A0E1-4127-8722-73CA15163938.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
I started off with something like this wooden tool chest, although the one I got is no longer in production.

Once the drawers are lined with corrugated felt trays you've got a great storage system.
(this not my photo, I borrowed it as I'm having PC and camera issues)
View attachment 1077533

Slotted trays you cut to size here: GoPens.com | 12″ x 16″ Slotted Display Trays - https://gopens.com/12-x-16-slotted-display-trays/
Wow that’s a beautiful setup! Are drawers deep enough for other items such as razors, soap containers, etc? Looking for something to put on bathroom counter

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Cigar boxes. If you want to have some fun, cigar boxes and add some slats of wood to separate the pens. Then, line it with whatever cloth that looks good to you.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I don't have enough pens to worry about storage. I just keep my few fountain pens in an old cake tin. I really like @nemo set up. Left me speachless.

Top Bottom