What's new

How do you store your loose tucks of DE blades?

This one is cool how deep is it?
Here are the dimensions of the individual compartments in inches.
External 3 1/2 deep x 2 5/8 wide x 2 high
Internal 2 1/2 deep x 2 wide x 1 5/8 high

One will hold 8 tucks of GSB front to back perfectly (length and width). You can put 4 more tucks on top for a total of 12. As we know tuck sizes vary and any that are longer than a GSB tuck have to go in length wise. If you are interested in this organizer you can search for 0.14 litre Really Useful Box and you should find it easily.

I made this little plywood box to hold 100 Astra blades. When those are gone, I will use Dorco blades. The Dorco blades are packaged differently and do not require as much space. (10 per tuck for the Dorcos rather than 5 per tuck for the Astras.)
E140480E-F816-43F9-892C-477C3B4E3B0F.jpeg

I am not as neat as you guys. Mine take up the first shelf of my medicine cabinet. It is full of mostly wizamet super iridium and Supermax blue diamond titainium with a few loose tucks of other brands.. I have limited space and storage in my apartment. I don't even have drawers, or, space to put another shelf.

Some remarkable dedication on display here!

For me it’s just one of those bar soap travel containers from the dollar store. That generally hangs out in my shave kit bag, in a drawer.
I don’t have a lot of space for all my shaving stuff and have to keep most of it well away from my 2 year old.

Cigar boxes do the job very well. You can purchase boxes for just function or for function and flair. There are some great graphics on most cigar boxes. I prefer wood boxes with hinges vs heavy cardboard without hinges. Some of my cigar boxes are shallow so that I can display a variety of blades and I have a couple of boxes that are 4 inches deep (spoilers) if I am storing one brand and do not need to display multiple brands.

new.jpg

Vint.jpg
Spoil.jpg

I've recently discovered that the Reactor brand of AA batteries (specifically the 24 pack) at Home Hardware in Canada comes in a little plastic case that PERFECTLY holds 22 5-blade tucks.
Probably going to end up with several over the next few months as we go through batteries fast at work, hehe.

Attachments

• 20210925_153546.jpg
    20210925_153546.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
I usually buy my 5 or 6 favorite blades in 100 packs and store them in a Rubbermaid type tote in a closet. I store a tuck of each of my favorite blades, plus smaller quantities of blades I don't use as often in a small watertight container in my bathroom cabinet. That way they stay moisture free and I have a few of every blade type close at hand. This little container can hold about 100 blades!

Attachments

• Blade Case.jpeg
    Blade Case.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 14
I am such a design freak that I have never found a way to store blades. I like wooden cigar boxes, but there box would take up way too much space in my "den:" my bathroom sink. So they rest comfortably in the padded envelope they came in, under the sink.

Top Bottom