What's new

How do you store Proraso in a tub after use?

After I shave with Proraso in a tub, it's still damp, a little foamy, ect. Do I just put the top back on and leave it on the counter? Should I leave the top off the tub until it dries out? What do you guys do?
Thank you, help is appreciated.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I just scoop a bit out of the tup and rub it on damp brush then start face lathering just add water a bit at a time till I've built a nice hydrated lather. That way there's never any water in the tub.

love my proraso 'hard' soaps!
after use, simply rinse off any suds and secure the lid back on!
never had any problem!
enjoy your proraso!

proraso green morris forndran filarmonica may 31 2021.jpg

I keep my soaps in a small shelving unit. After use, I just put it back on the shelf with the lid off. The lid goes back on after several hours or even the next day. Note that the container is shaped in such a way that the lid will fit neatly under the bowl so it doesn't take up much space.

You can also scoop a small amount of soap out and load the brush in your palm. Or use a separate bowl to load the brush.

Last edited:
I rinse the soap from the exterior of the tub and dump the remaining water from the top and sit it on the shelf with the lid off. It will dry some during the day and I put the lid on before bed. I do that with all of my soaps that I load in the container.

Edit: I’ve also just slapped the lids on immediately with no I’ll effects.

I leave the tub open for like half a day to let it dry and then put the lid on but more often than not I get the tube instead of the tub.
I'm with you on this 100%.

If my soap is in a tub, jar or container of any sort, I'll leave it open for at least a few hours (or more) to let the loose moisture evaporate before closing it up.

When I comes to Proraso I've always gone the tube route.

Have you considered using a lather bowl*? You can scoop some of the Proraso croap from the tub into the bowl and build your lather there. This also means you can cap your tub as soon as you've scooped out the amount of croap you plan to use.

*I highly recommend getting a Captain's Choice lather bowl. I love my Seaworthy in cobalt blue.

Top Bottom