What's new

How do you stop this?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’ve had this happen but I usually end up with enough ink on my fingers after i load a pen I’ve never noticed if the nib creep is an issue. I tend to keep inked pens on their side. But it makes more sense to have them vertically stored. Like @Toothpick i also tend to leave my fountain pens inside especially if I’ve spent a few hundred dollars on them.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
These two pens have not been touched in over a week because of weather. They are both loaded with Lamy Blue that I have had really good luck with. These are both Schaefer Pens a desk pen and a touchdown, which laid on its side on my desk.

0CFACEAB-57FE-4596-80AF-7FB35A31908B.jpeg
7B4411B0-86ED-43A3-B67D-73C1393CA783.jpeg

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I’m a lamy blue fan. But we all know you cleaned these before these portraits 🤣😂😄

:lol: I used to have the same issue JJ is describing on a pen that sat capped a lot. I am not a big fan of Lamy pens but that ink really works well. It writes very dry also. Neither of these pens would work with a cartridge as JJ is using but this ink does come in a cartridge.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
:lol: I used to have the same issue JJ is describing on a pen that sat capped a lot. I am not a big fan of Lamy pens but that ink really works well. It writes very dry also. Neither of these pens would work with a cartridge as JJ is using but this ink does come in a cartridge.
I agree on lamy pens. I went thru a fad on that brand. The fp are average. The other pens take a proprietary refill that’s annoying. I like the blue ink though. My issue is the mess of loading a pen dipping the nib in the bottle. That’s where I was going on nib creep. I clean up as best I can but there is always residual that I don’t worry about. That’s where I get it on my hands. Usually washes off in less than a day anyway. I also don’t usually touch that part of the nib come to think about it.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I agree on lamy pens. I went thru a fad on that brand. The fp are average. The other pens take a proprietary refill that’s annoying. I like the blue ink though. My issue is the mess of loading a pen dipping the nib in the bottle. That’s where I was going on nib creep. I clean up as best I can but there is always residual that I don’t worry about. That’s where I get it on my hands. Usually washes off in less than a day anyway. I also don’t usually touch that part of the nib come to think about it.

I will get it on my hands if I don't blot the nib good enough and it gets in the cap and then on the section.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I will get it on my hands if I don't blot the nib good enough and it gets in the cap and then on the section.
I usually use the pen for awhile after loading so I don’t think I have the cap involvement
I tend to ink and forget it. My pens all probably need a good cleaning.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I usually use the pen for awhile after loading so I don’t think I have the cap involvement
I tend to ink and forget it. My pens all probably need a good cleaning.

I'm a doctor, not a brick layer.

Top Bottom