What's new

how do you prepare a hot towel?

hey people so I just wanted to know how do you prepare a hot towel?

Any tips or tricks you could share?

I do not use them but a damp towel in the microwave for thirty seconds should do it.
Yea I ran the towel in hot water then popped it into the microwave for about a minute but I did feel like the heat didn't last for long, so was wondering if there's anything I could do to make it s bit better?

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
my 0.02

1. Fill the bowl with water that feels hot, but not scalding, to the touch.
  2. Soak the towel in the hot water, wringing out the excess.
  3. Fold the towel into a square and apply it to the area that's in pain.
  4. Hold the towel to your skin for up to 20 minutes at a time.

I run a washcloth under hot tap water as hot as my hands can stand. Ring it out a bit and wash my face a couple of times then lather up. Pretty simple. It’s not rocket appliances.

It's hard to prepare a towel for trauma like that. I like to talk my towels through the process before I do it. They seem to respond better when they know what will happen. If you just drop them into scalding water, the fiber tense so much that even the softest terry feels like burlap. Talk them through it, do a trial run of 100 degree water, and then go for the 130 degree water. They towels appreciate it and it shows in the softness.

Last edited:

linty1

My wallet cries.
If you want a hot towel to last longer, you probably need more towel, so that the heat stays longer, so maybe try a bigger towel, and when you're ready to go, just fold it lengthwise so it sorta "scarfs" up to fit your face.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Best shave I ever had in a barber shop was 3 different towels that increased in temperature. Sigh. I still get warm fuzzies thinking about it. Really didn't have to shave for two days after. At home it's a quick soak in the sink and then back to bed where it hangs out on my face until I'm ready to make a move.

Top Bottom