What's new

How do you prefer your edges?

How do you prefer your edges?

• Crisp, similar to Feather DE blade

• Extra smooth, similar to Personna DE blade

Results are only viewable after voting.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I prefer my coffee ..... crisp! :lol: (sorry couldn't resist)

I don't have enough experience with edges other than my own to judge them. As long as they slice through my whiskers with ease, I'm happy. So, would that be crisp or smooth?

Let's see if I can explain this, and in the process, make it more confusing.

I think of crispness in terms of time and of feedback from the edge. Imagine that you had two razors that were equally sharp:

As you are shaving, razor 'A' lets you feel how the edge is in contact with your skin. As the edge reaches every little peak and valley, it tells you. It keeps telling you throughout every millimeter of its journey. If it comes to a bump it can't traverse, it tells you, and then it gives you plenty of time to react before it digs in ("My darling, we have come to a very large bump, and I cannot shave it without causing you some pain. I don't want you to get hurt. Perhaps we had better stop and find a different way of proceeding."). This is a very smooth edge. It's the Don Juan of edges.

Razor 'B' lets you feel that the edge is touching your skin. It will tell you when it's going up or down, but beyond that, it won't keep you informed of its progress. If it comes to a bump, it may tell you about it, or it may not. You may find out about the bump only after the edge has bulldozed it and you are in pain. If it does tell you, it won't give you any time to react ("Here's-a-bump-'POW!'"). This edge is crisp. It's not very considerate. It's the Arnold Schwarzenegger of edges.

I hope that clears things up.

Smoooooottttthhhhh

I like to take and pass and have to look at the lather to make sure it cut-yes that smooth

Give me a razor that feels like the soft touch of a beautiful woman, it should glide effortlessly and smooth over your face, barely letting you know it's there, leaving you with a smile on your face afterwards :001_smile

Last edited:
Depends on how I feel like shaving.

+1. There are times, like today, that I want an effortless but smooth shave. I used a regular straight with a nice edge on it. Tomorrow, I may want to use a Super Pro... or a Mach 3. I'm afraid I like all of them if my beard is properly prepped. If I'm out in the boonies, I like the Feather AC - no prep is needed other than to wet your face with something.

Give me a razor that feels like the soft touch of a beautiful woman, it should glide effortlessly and smooth over your face, barely letting you know it's there, leaving you with a smile on your face afterwards :001_smile

I'd like to know how you hone your razors. :laugh:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Smooth.
Just used a paste to refresh the edge, and while it's sharp, I prefer what came off of the Jnat.

Top Bottom