What's new

How do you organize your straight razors

Physically I store mine in sack ups razor rolls, but informationally I have created a second database in Filemaker Pro. Yes I use a Mac.

I keep a record of my razors as well. Also on a Mac, mine is in MS Word. I include when bought, from whom, price, honing info such as stone or tape if used, etc. I also note the performance of the blade. I find this helpful of the razor needs touching up or if I want to sell it.

It's also a good way to know that you have too many razors!

I keep a record of my razors as well. Also on a Mac, mine is in MS Word. I include when bought, from whom, price, honing info such as stone or tape if used, etc. I also note the performance of the blade. I find this helpful of the razor needs touching up or if I want to sell it.

It's also a good way to know that you have too many razors!
If you have or can get File Maker Pro, then I would be happy to give you a copy of both my SR database and shave journal for your own use. I am certain you will find them much better suited to the purpose than MS Word.

I store mine in cigar boxes.

Just when I was on my way to get those toe separators I saw some other member posted here, found this dish rack. Made the smaller sections with a toothed blade I had on my Swiss army knife and voila.

IMG_20221220_134129.jpg

IMG_20221220_134207.jpg
IMG_20221220_134253.jpg

I store mine in cigar boxes.

Just when I was on my way to get those toe separators I saw some other member posted here, found this dish rack. Made the smaller sections with a toothed blade I had on my Swiss army knife and voila.

View attachment 1575176

View attachment 1575179View attachment 1575180
I have to say, I wonder about cigar boxes, they're intentionally built to hold moisture, and have a scent to them which must be an off gassing - that may not be great for razors.. just a thought, maybe watch out

I have to say, I wonder about cigar boxes, they're intentionally built to hold moisture, and have a scent to them which must be an off gassing - that may not be great for razors.. just a thought, maybe watch out
Thanks for the heads up.

I apply Ballistol and go thru them on the rotation, but will keep an eye on them now more that you mention it.

Top Bottom