What's new

How do you organize your software in the den?

Hi there,
I know it might sound mental but I dare posting to hear your thoughts...where otherwise eheh.
I recently repurposed a closet to my personal den, so I enjoy them even on display and before shaving.
I am currently sticking to a "soap + AS" set policy, i.e. whenever possible I buy the set.
For this reason I naturally started positioning AS on top or close to the soap.
I then started thinking:
1. this is taking reeeally a lot of space
2. I might be even limiting myself from more audacious combinations, i.e. even more fun in the ritual, and maybe even some savings by avoiding all set purchases.

How do you go about this in your den? and shaving ritual?
Thanks!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My wife spotted a piece of inexpensive Amazon, put it together yourself, furniture...a long red wooden cabinet with several places to store stuff. She said it would look good in the office and I could keep my soaps in it. It's perfect...holds em all. My aftershaves and colognes have their own shelves in the bookcases of the same room.

Most of my soaps and other supplies are stored outside the bathroom in my home office. I've got a nice wood shelving unit that was originally used for CDs.

Last edited:
Do you keep sets (soap & as) together or do you keep all soaps together and all AS together, occasionally mixing and matching?

IMG_20220725_132845.jpg

Remaining Razors and 3 creams are in drawer in my bedroom together with EDT

Do you keep sets (soap & as) together or do you keep all soaps together and all AS together, occasionally mixing and matching?
In the interest of space, I keep the soaps stacked up about 3-high. So, I keep the aftershaves on their own shelf or on the bathroom counter. I don't really have many matching sets. I do like mixing my own aftershaves, though. I mostly keep them in recycled glass bottles from hot sauce.

uhhhm mixing your own aftershaves sounds really intriguing...
Can you elaborate a bit further? Just curious...
I remember mixing my father's AS as a child...and him not being so thrilled of the results.
I guess you are more talking about sorcerer's recipes here ;-)

I mainly work from home, so one of the bedrooms is my office area. I have a cabinet in there, one section is my vintage Gillette's, one section for other vintage razors, one section for modern razors, one section for soaps/creams etc and one for my straights and stones. In the bathroom I have a shelf for myself where the razors/soap/cream etc I am currently using are kept. I don't stock much in the bathroom as those of you who are married, or like me have a partner know well that you need to keep things tidy ☺️

uhhhm mixing your own aftershaves sounds really intriguing...
Can you elaborate a bit further? Just curious...
I remember mixing my father's AS as a child...and him not being so thrilled of the results.
I guess you are more talking about sorcerer's recipes here ;-)
Sorcerer, me? 🧙‍♂️

It can be quite a deep subject, but basically most aftershaves contain similar ingredients such as alcohol, water, humectants and fragrance. Sometimes other skin conditioning ingredients and/or menthol.

I don't always like really strongly fragranced aftershaves and it's pretty easy to make your own using just basic ingredients plus some essential oils or fragrance oils.

I use a closet shelf in the bathroom.
Soaps on one side, AS on the other. A few tools in the middle. Soaps are stacked 5 high and 5 deep so I made labels to put on the sides of the containers. It makes it easier to find something I'm wanting to use. Also, aftershaves are put in spritzer bottles and labeled so they don't take up as much room. The real bottles are under the sink. Razors are in my office away from any water/moisture.

I use a label printer hooked to my computer. I can make them however I want. It used to drive me nuts looking for a certain soap in the cabinet. I think it should be a rule that all soap makers put names on the sides of their tubs. But that's just me.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hi there,
I know it might sound mental but I dare posting to hear your thoughts...where otherwise eheh.
I recently repurposed a closet to my personal den, so I enjoy them even on display and before shaving.
I am currently sticking to a "soap + AS" set policy, i.e. whenever possible I buy the set.
For this reason I naturally started positioning AS on top or close to the soap.
I then started thinking:
1. this is taking reeeally a lot of space
2. I might be even limiting myself from more audacious combinations, i.e. even more fun in the ritual, and maybe even some savings by avoiding all set purchases.

How do you go about this in your den? and shaving ritual?
Thanks!
Organize? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Nope.....I just have a very good memory. ;) :)

I have two huge drawers in my office full of my shaving stuff. I have too much stuff, but I do rotate thru most of it.

I usually keep 4-5 razors, 2 brushes and 2-3 soaps/AS in my bathroom and swap them out every few days.

Top Bottom