What's new

How do you like your draw? Pipes/Cigars

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Specify which way you like it?

I’ve heard that with a cigar you want the draw somewhere around the consistency of a milkshake through a straw?

What say you?

I’m sure this is a personal preference.

As far as pipes - I have no idea.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I like a pipe with a nice easy draw...just heavier then pulling air through a straw. I'll take really light breaths while smoking. I find the lighter I pull, the better the flavors. Without a nice drawing pipe ita hard to keep lit at that pace...of course A LOT of the draw has to do with how its packed.

On a cigar I think a heavier draw such as the one you mentioned is more natural.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I generally like an open draw, makes the "breath" method easier/more efficient. Our new B&B LE is perfect. I can tolerate a bit of constriction, but many of my father's old codger pipes could stand to be opened up, but not really worth the effort.

Cigars. I would say a medium draw. Lighter draw isn't too bad, to a point. I do like feeling resistance to the draw.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’m dead on with @brandaves on this one. With a heavy draw, especially by packing too tightly, you get too much heat that destroys the flavor - particularly true with mild blends. I also prefer medium sized bowls to enhance flavor.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
A medium to medium-light draw is what I prefer with my cigars. With my pipes. I like a smooth and open draw with nothing in the pipe. Once I've pack it, I like it to be like a medium thick milkshake. If my cheeks are sucking in and the bottom of my tongue is becoming strained, then it's too tight for me.

Medium for a cigar, definitely light for a pipe. I like to take very light breaths when smoking a pipe to keep it lit and this really helps me relax... so, light, easy draw helps a ton.

Top Bottom