What's new

How do you keep track of blade usage

For me I just check my posts on the other shaving forum I am involved with.
It's very easy for me that way. No problem....

I use a 20 sided gaming dice. Most times I don't even go past 4 but for those who try to push the limits that might work

When I travel a rip a little of the blade wrapper after each shave. When I am home I place a pencil mark on the wrapper or piece of paper.

Lol, spreadsheets for razor blades! I never would have thought! I put a new blade in a razor, use it a couple times, and if I like it, I'll try it in my other razor. Just use it until it's done. If I liked it, I'll try it again. If my current trio of favorites (Astra, PolSilver, Silver Blue) work better, I'll put the new blades in reserve if they were OK, or trash them if worse than Derby blades:)

I have a 6 tab excel spreadsheet. Blades, creams & soaps, razors, aftershaves, brushes, and daily feedback. Works for me...:blushing:

I tried noting blade changes on a calendar, then as I had settled in to a routine of 5 close, comfortable shaves from my preferred Personna Labs, I began making the change on dates with the multiple of 5. I measure other blades I try by starting on that pattern then seeing how they do first on 5, then on more shaves, then work back to the multiples of 5 date plan later for simplicity. At the end of months with 31 days I just stretch the last 5 day rotation to 6. While my preference is still for Personna Lab's (for quality and comfort of shave on my face, packaging, price and availability), I also like Shark Super Chromes and Derby Extra's (I'll soon have enough blades stocked up to last for my life expectancy + 5 years).

I don't track any use. All blades give so much variation and life in a combination of razors that its too difficult.Some razors give me more shaves for the same blade. First sign of tugging, pulling - to the bin - they are so damn cheap to track and waste time which is more precious. That's just me !:blushing:

Yea my spreadsheet I started has been helping. Like today I shaved and after going to the spreadsheet I noticed that the last time I shaved was 8 days ago. Man I couldn't believe it because it has not felt like 8 days. I don't have a thick beard.

I have a 6 tab excel spreadsheet. Blades, creams & soaps, razors, aftershaves, brushes, and daily feedback. Works for me...:blushing:
This is a great idea.

I wonder if you'd mind sharing your spreadsheet. I'm trying to implement the same thing and not to handy with spreadsheets.

I use one blade/one razor at a time. I like keeping it simple.
I am just embarking on my new SE shaving experience. There is no way I will remember when I've used the blade 10 X for example. That's why I'm looking for a good system like a spreadsheet. This way, I can track the number of uses until I settle on a number for each brand of blade. Then by simply checking off each day I use it, I will keep everything in order.

While I'm at it, I might as well also keep track of how I like the different soaps I have.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I am just embarking on my new SE shaving experience. There is no way I will remember when I've used the blade 10 X for example. That's why I'm looking for a good system like a spreadsheet. This way, I can track the number of uses until I settle on a number for each brand of blade. Then by simply checking off each day I use it, I will keep everything in order.

While I'm at it, I might as well also keep track of how I like the different soaps I have.

Sounds as though a spreadsheet is a good solution. :thumbup1:

I post in the "What razor/blade did you use today?" thread and occasionally search for my username and transcribe the results into a spreadsheet. I don't keep track of other materials and equipment.

I tried different techniques, but I found out the easiest way to keep track—for me—is using a pen. I just draw a little dot on the wrapper of the blade for each use.

The Thing Counter app could work.

I set up a series of boxes I can click in Evernote. I'll try that for awhile. The page can be saved on my home screen which avoids trying to find it every day.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom