What's new

How do you keep track of blade usage

When I was going though my initial sample of more than 20 blades i realised that to do a complet test would take forever so using shortcuts I was often at a stage where I would be testing a bunch of blades which all had maybe 1, 1 1/2 , 2 ect shaves. The 1/2 shaves were blind tests were 1/2 face shaves with identical razors. Once a shave was completed the razor was dried and stored and it's wrapper was marked with a dot for a complete shave and a dash for a half shave. Results were tracked on a spreadsheet.

These days I don't count shaves. I just toss the balde at any hint of sub par performance carrect or not. Having said that I have just orderered some new sample blades: Bic, Gillette Silver Blue, Persona Lab Blue, Gillettte 7 O'Clock Black. I think these are perhaps the only sharp blades I haven't tried except maybe Kia, so when they arrive I willl have to load the speadsheet again. Blade testing and counting shaves is so tedious.

B9A83A45-D468-4F6A-A2AA-D131FCF24983.jpeg
I just hang blades in rotation on s small thin nail, and make a pencil mark under each blade every time I use it. This was taken when I was first starting the rotation...more marks now!

Vr

Matt

Can I use Geronimo instead?
I'd have to use "floccinaucinihilipilification", at least.
Hey, I spelled that from memory. :thumbup:

I use Percentile Dice from a D&D set.

I might start with a D-12

I use a small wad of adhesive putty (Fun-Tak) to keep them from being accidentally bumped around.

Top Bottom