What's new

How do you get your coffee at work?

We have can CCE makers that spot the brew into dispensers. Beans are from Starbucks. We also have an automated espresso machine, uses powdered milk. Beans are from Starbucks and Philz. We also have a more fancy automated espresso machine that uses fresh milk for cappuccinos and the like. Beans are from Starbucks and we're about to switch to something better. Now, our headquarters in San Francisco is the place to be. A couple of the buildings have free barista-made drinks. I like going there : )

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Back when I was in offices, it typically was the office-style Bunn drip maker. At one office, though, they made large batches from Starbucks beans (already ground). Not great, but a heck of a lot better than it could have been. Plus, they put it in large, insulated dispensers, so it didn't burn up on a warming burner.

For a few weeks, I was pretty much officeing at a firm that had a state-of-the art superautomatic and excellent beans. That was a good time.

When I'm in offices, these days, I see a lot of Keurig/Nespresso sort of machines.

I go to the cupping room, fire up the Jabez Burns sample roaster, find a sample of green we don't need, roast it, let it sit overnight, grind it the next morning and make it an auto drip machine.

Or just use 2.5 oz of pre ground coffee in pre portioned packs in the auto drip machine....

Depending on the morning and if I'm driving or taking the train, I'll either fill up a travel mug with coffee from the Clever (driving) or make a pot in the 5c Mr. Coffee and fill up my Stanleyto be enjoyed at work (train.)

Once at work, my old group at my company had one of the Flavia machines with proprietary packs which wasn't ideal as I didn't really like the couple flavors provided and it wasn't really feasible to purchase my own.

New position and group has a community Keurig. Bought a pack of Timmies K-cups, but haven't been overly impressed (I was very impressed with the taste of their whole bean which drove me to try the K-cups.) Once they're gone, I'll be picking up one of those brew your own bean pods and bring ground coffee from home to use in the office.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I work for a trucking company. We go through a lot of coffee so we have a Bunn machine. We buy our coffee (indirectly) from the same people who supply Tim Horton's and McDonald's. I is very good coffee. If we supplied any type of individual serve coffee we couldn't make it fast enough and we would go broke.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I have a gofer.

Hmmm
$go go gopher.jpg

Our company has a brewing machine set up and as the pot gets low, you brew another - free to all employees and guests. We also have tea bags, hot chocolate, and cold filtered water all for enjoyment. As an added bonus, we have free bagels and flavored cream cheeses every Friday - except this week it was cider and donuts for Michigan vs Michigan State / Halloween weekend! We also have a popcorn machine for a mid-day snack and occasional charity office BBQ's! Earlier this year we even rented and ice water truck and had treats for everyone! On Tigers opening day we also have a free ice cream cart. Alway building team spirit.

Have a full coffee shop in the store. Anything Starbucks can make, but better. Employee discount makes it simpler, and maybe cheaper, than bringing it from home.

I have a drip coffee maker in my bay , expresso machine , unfortunately the group coffee doesn't work no one buys creame or milk so its down to partner and I , we use folgers and lavazza when we feel like a expresso ... lately tho the coffee has been going to waste so its been a resort to nescafe with a kettle ....

I have an Aeropress on my desk and I grind beans at home every two weeks for my 2 cups a day. A lot better than the machine in the kitchen, and a lot less waste than the Keurig/Nespresso/flavia options.

I'm the first coffee drinker in the office each morning, so I make the first pot: Folgers in a Cuisinart drip. Tastes good, it has caffeine, I'm happy. :001_smile

linty1

My wallet cries.
Just went to our staff room, put on the kettle, and did a pour over.... into a papercup, but still... 30 second bloom... fill, watch it drip... finish, quick rince the grinds down the sink and sitting here enjoying a nice cup.... life is good.

Top Bottom