What's new

How do you dry your brush after a shave?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I wrist flick it until I stop nearing the light splatter of drops in the shower enclosure - usually around 6. Then I put it on the open brush shelf and give it 48 hours to rest, although I'm sure it doesn't take anywhere near that long to dry - especially in the winter. But I think it's good practice as it reinforces the need for multiple brushes.

Simple question, that has many answers. Find one you would like to try from someone who has contributed their method. Try it, if it work, you got your answer. If not move on to next idea, sooner or later you will find your best option.

Especially with my boars, your basic will good rinse, shakes, gentle squeeze, wrap it with a towel - another gentle squeeze...
Hang dry in a window with sun.
Done 1

Or
I will take the dog and the brush for a ride in the suv.
Gently insert the brush into the my dogs mouth.
Open the window..Dog sticks his head of the window - has said brush.
Drive around for 20 minutes, then head home.
Gently remove brush from dogs mouth.
Wipe off any drool from handle.
Light shake.
We both roll around in the backyard dirt for a few minutes.
Optional > fetch and retrieve with the brush.
Done 2

BFX

• Thoroughly rinse out with gentle squeezing.
• Shake in sink.
• Run the bristles over dry towel.
• Shake again.
• Run bristles over towel.
• Place brush horizontally for a few hours where the bristles overhang the sink.
• Return to the rest of the brush herd in bathroom closet.
IMG_0552.jpeg

I do a gentle squeeze, a couple shakes and then sit it by the sink to air dry. I'm fortunate to have enough brushes that I can use a different one every day of the week and allow others to dry. I feel bad for my grandfather who only had the one brush, one mug, and one soap (and one razor too).

Gently squeeze with a towel, then a very gentle setting on a hairdryer. I wrap my fingers around the base of the knot to protect that area from the heat. A couple of minutes and the brush is lovely and soft. Much softer than if it dries by air alone.

Top Bottom