What's new

How do you drink your tea?

I brew my preferred Assams and Ceylons for just under four minutes and drink with a splash of milk, no sugar.
Earl Grey with lemon, no sugar.
Mint tea with lots of sugar (I lived in Morocco and got used to that style of tea).
Schishandra (Omija) tea with a bit of honey.
Sencha tea as is, no additions.
Fruit teas flatter to deceive and I don't tend to drink them.
Adulterated flavoured teas are the work of the Devil incarnate.

And not a tea bag in sight.

Last edited:
Depends on the tea. Today I'm having my Oolong with a single stevia packet and that's it. If it's a breakfast tea or a puh'er I'll put a splash of milk. Never more then one packet of stevia or sugar.

I hate coffee and only drink tea. I dont have milk in my room bc I dont have a fridge, stupid rules, or honey, or sugar, so I have grown accustomed to drinking tea straight. I like it and it is probably the best way to "get the flavor" as you say.

In my 1st year at college, I didn't have a fridge, but at least in winter, I just kept a small bottle of milk in the window.

Last edited:
Hot black tea with sugar and milk or cream or black.
Cold (iced) black tea: unsweetened, NO lemon (I hate lemon in my tea)

Hot green tea with nothing added
Cold green tea with nothing added

Hot red tea with nothing added

Hot white tea with nothing added

Hot Oolong with nothing added
Cold (iced) Oolong with nothing added

Herbal "tea:"

peppermint: no additives
barley tea (cold/iced or hot): no additives
melissa: no additives
linden flower: no additives
bitter melon: no additives
elder flower: no additives

Last edited:
Any typical English breakfast or standard strong black tea I drink strong with a touch of milk (sugar to me is just wrong). Earl Grey I usually just drink black or with a slice of lemon. Any loose leaf teas I drink with nothing added, same with fruit teas.
Rule of thumb is that a good tea usually stands up well on its' own, only reason I add milk to English breakfast is I brew it for at least 5 mins and a drop of milk just rounds off any bitterness from long brewing.

This time of year in the Ozarks its sweet tea as others have mentioned. I make a gallon of sun tea every week and add a homemade bag of chocolate mint leaves. Mint sun tea, an everyday necessity during the summer.

that's the truth, for any non-texans out there (holds true in Alabama as well)

Yep, in Alabama its sweet tea, or if you are diabetic unsweet but its all iced with lemon for some. I like lemon with mine or even a splach of OJ. But there are some who think the sweeter the better which to me is not good. It has to be balanced it is hard to beat a nice glass of freshly brewed iced tea on a hot summer day.

I generally drink high mountain oolong, lapsang souchong, pu-erh, or jasmine green tea. I make everything in a gaiwan. I don't add anything to my tea. Just leaves and water for me.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I must admit that, from time to time when brewing up some English Breakfast, I'll toss in a few fresh mint leaves.

It's important--if it's important to you, at any rate--to dispense with the idea that tea is an unmanly drink. Get a sturdy cup for your cuppa, one that you can grip firmly without being afraid of breaking it. Use this cup for your tea: don't wash it, so that it obtains a good patina over the years after scores of pours. Good tea is good tea. The more you spend, the better the tea--to a point. I drink my tea without additives; hot when the weather's cold, cold when it's hot. I tried sweeteners and milk products, but can't abide either one. Tea is my go-to beverage all day long. My favorite early-morning-wake-up tea is an East Frisian blend. Tea beats coffee. and doesn't give you the jitters.

Top Bottom