What's new

How do you do your rotation?

I'll go first.

I pick a razor, blade, soap/cream and brush and use them for a week. How I pick each and in what order borders on the compulsive so I'll keep that to myself.:wink2:

After Shave may change day to day based on what I'm feeling.

Okay, your turn...

Mike

Razor and blade are paired till I'm done with the blade (3-5 days)
Soap/Cream is changed daily. I usually pick one the before bed then change my mind in the morning :lol:
AS is (balm or splash) is changed daily

I am usually trying one new idea or tool, and rotating other products around it. Lately the new thing has been the razor. I rotate blades with each blade change, brushes daily, and soaps when I feel like it.

My straights get a normal rotation, one each day, 4 razors, repeat.

My brushes are kinda the same (6 brushes, used once, move on to the next), but this does change occasionally, if I really want to use a certain brush.

Aftershaves, I just wing it...pick whichever one jumps at me that day.

Soaps, I've been trying to figure out a good rotation schedule, but being that I have 10 of them, it gets a little random.

Completely unplanned, unless I'm trying to determine something about equipment or products. I just start grabbing stuff on the spur of the moment.

Completely unplanned, unless I'm trying to determine something about equipment or products. I just start grabbing stuff on the spur of the moment.

Ditto for me, unless I get something new - then it takes priority for at least the next shave.

Use the same razor all the time, but have a 5 blade rotation. As far as soaps, I use 5 at the moment rotating each day.

I use a fairly random rotation but I would guess that after 30 days each brush/razor has been used almost equally. The soap is a bit different, with a decided edge to the OBR and a loss to the EJ which I keep as a travel puck.

I use the same type of blade and rotate through all the razors in my "active" rotation. Once I am through, I try a new type of blade.

I change razors when it is time to change the blades. Soaps and creams I rotate daily. I rotate daily the 3 aftershaves. I have EDT's niched to seasons and wear them in their season.

I lay things out the night before and, like others, do a change up in the morning. Tomorrow I am taking the day off so I'll use a straight, I don't know what one, that will be random too or subject to change. :confused1

Same razor, usually same blade, same brush. Soap or cream will vary by whim and same with after shave. I pick in the morning after my shower. While on vacation I will only use Proraso in the tube and Old Spice after shave.

Depends on the day. If something important is supposed to happen, I choose tried & true combo's. Otherwise I grab whatever looks good to me that day. Razor, blade, soap, brush, AS, ect.

Razor/blades: SS (IP Red blade) from Oct thru May. Merkur HD (Merkur blade) from June thru Sept. Blades are changed after 2 shaves.
Brushes: After some recent sales and purchases this month, I will be going to a 4 brush rotation, changing each shave.
Cream/soap: Down to rotating 4 creams but soaps are still spur of the moment a couple of times a month.

I don't really have a planned rotation at all. I have 4 DE razors, 6 straights, and 4 brushes. I normally shave every 3rd day so I just kind of look at my beard, then the razors, brushes, pick a soap at random, and shave. I works for me, so I don't see any reason to change from this method. :wink2: :001_tongu :w00t:

Easy, load up my GEM 1912, use my Semouge 1305, Proraso/KMF mint creams, then its Osage time! Why change what works??

This I say, as I have a new muhle head razor enroute to me.....hhahahaaa Hypocrite!!!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Razor and blade always the same; Futur and Personna Lab. Soap: Cella one, 1 of 5 Mama Bear the next. Brush: try to rotate through them 1 by 1, unless I just got a new one. Pick a cologne at random, no real thought to that.

Top Bottom