What's new

How do you do it? Shave everyday...

remember people if mr arko can take a day off and grow out a beard, anyone can hahaha 😅

IMG_20220914_110036.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've never really been a daily shaver.

2 - 3 times a week.
I haven't been a daily shaver since Oct. 2001. Before that, I was a sales rep for 19 years. I shaved when I went out for appointments but that wasn't every day. I worked from home for much of that 19 years.... I got so much more done. I didn't have to spend 2.5 hours driving into the central office... then do that same drive home every night. I was always clean shaven when I went into the office. It took me a while to convince the owner that I'd be more productive if I worked from home. After he did, my sales numbers increased quite a bit...

In 1991, 4 of us started our own business. What a relief. We just called on our customers and didn't have to fuss with all the office politics....all worked from home. I didn't have to shave every morning either. <eg>

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I haven't been a daily shaver since Oct. 2001. Before that, I was a sales rep for 19 years. I shaved when I went out for appointments but that wasn't every day. I worked from home for much of that 19 years.... I got so much more done. I didn't have to spend 2.5 hours driving into the central office... then do that same drive home every night. I was always clean shaven when I went into the office. It took me a while to convince the owner that I'd be more productive if I worked from home. After he did, my sales numbers increased quite a bit...

In 1991, 4 of us started our own business. What a relief. We just called on our customers and didn't have to fuss with all the office politics....all worked from home. I didn't have to shave every morning either. <eg>
I'm really glad all that worked out for you, Kim. I've been self-employed since 2008. Even before that, I never shaved daily. :001_smile

Hey people. I can't get my head around the fact that there's so many of you that shave everyday,
When I used to shave my facial hair it was like two three times a week from what I remember,
I just shave my head now hate facial shaving, anyways I cant understand how you guys can shave every single day, day in say out without fail..

I mean don't you get irritation?

Don't you ever get that cba moment and just feel lazy and think forget it, don't want to do it today?

So shaving everyday i mean isn't it time consuming? Or is it a quick shave due to there being minimal growth?

Also do you go against the grain during your daily shaves?

Help me understand lol 😂😁

Hey people. I can't get my head around the fact that there's so many of you that shave everyday,
When I used to shave my facial hair it was like two three times a week from what I remember,
I just shave my head now hate facial shaving, anyways I cant understand how you guys can shave every single day, day in say out without fail..

I mean don't you get irritation?

Don't you ever get that cba moment and just feel lazy and think forget it, don't want to do it today?

So shaving everyday i mean isn't it time consuming? Or is it a quick shave due to there being minimal growth?

Also do you go against the grain during your daily shaves?

Help me understand lol 😂😁
Yep, everyday and 3+ passes including against the grain. Use a light touch letting razor do the work. It makes me feel refreshed to start the day. Seldom get irritation.

The funny thing about my daily shaving is that it's almost always done in the afternoon but then, I'm retired. I mentioned one reason upthread I do it. Another is, I can't stand the feel of stubble (face toucher) and it's a routine that falls under task completion. As I have fewer tasks than earlier in life, it's a purposeful thing that I get much more enjoyment from than, say, vacuuming, yardwork (for a yard no one sees as it's behind fencing out in a rural area), etc. Task completion, routine, to keep me pretty...

Yep, everyday and 3+ passes including against the grain. Use a light touch letting razor do the work. It makes me feel refreshed to start the day. Seldom get irritation.

Which razors and blades do you usually use?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I shave every day and always have. For my working days, I used a Bic Metal disposable and a Redkin Amino Pon bar. 30+ years worth. People didn’t go to work unshaven in those days, plus I was respirator qualified and you have to be reasonably clean shaven for that.

For the past 11 years, I’ve shaved every day with a straight razor. A properly honed straight razor will cure a lot of problems though the learning curves (shaving, stropping, honing) are not trivial.

- Don’t need any menthol, usually can’t tell that it’s there unless in large amounts
- weepers, ’sealing‘ a nick, razor burn, and testing your skin for a day or two are not concepts SR users are familiar with
- aftershaves don’t burn, or at least not much

Top Bottom