What's new

How do you dispose of your blades?

I did the broth can thing and spray painted it white. It looks pretty cool and will probably last for years.

I save em up and eat those for breakfast mixed in with corn flakes! My doc said I need more iron. Ha! I went one better. Platinum! It's a tad painful going to the bathroom...:o10:

proxy.php

Chicken broth can, painted and decorated by the kids.

I picked up a blade bank from WCS for $1. Think of it as a good excuse to order something :)

This is what I did, too, but what I want to know is if the blade bank full of blades is recyclable? Anyone know? or is everyone just chucking the bank in the bin?

I put mine in an empty jam jar with a slit cut in the lid. It will take years before it's full. Of course, it's not the most secure (you could just unscrew the lid). However, we don't have any children around the house (at least not yet). I like the broth can idea. Someone would have to be very determined to get a blade back out of that.

I have a dog two cats and a six year old in the house. Safe used blade disposal is a concern.I read somewhere that a mint tin is used by some. Any other suggestions?

Purchased a sharps shuttle from a medical store. Will hold a bunch of blades.

This is what I did, too, but what I want to know is if the blade bank full of blades is recyclable? Anyone know? or is everyone just chucking the bank in the bin?

I have the same question - not whether us folks recycle, but I wonder if the recycling company who gets the can in the end actually recycles a can with unknown (to them) stuff rattling around inside. Think I need to write my county recycling folks.

condensed milk can. drilled two holes in the bottom to drain it and then cut a slit in the top with a dremel rinsed and wiped down.

It looks like polished steel in the bathroom and will take ages to fill it. I've been using it since december and its still not nearly full.

Top Bottom