What's new

How do you deal with a stray whisker/s after you're all done with your shaving routine?

If it happens I usually wet that part of my face and clear it up with my razor. Then rinse and dry my razor again.

I don’t think I’ve ever left any spots of stubble long enough for an electric razor to make any difference. It would only ever be a spot where I can feel stubble enough to bother me, but it is still shaved closer than an electric could achieve.
Oh yeah, absolutely. I don't get very good shaves with an electric. Mostly what I feel when I'm bugged by this is due to rubbing against the grain and I get that sand papery feel. Only rarely are there whiskers that protrude that you can feel them in any direction. I'm afraid I take BBS was over the top.

Last edited:
Never happens to me. When rinsing the leftover soap off my face after the second pass, I run three finger tips over the entire beard area to search for any missed areas. Depending on the residual slickness, found in any quality soap, I will buff that area without soap.

Never happens to me. When rinsing the leftover soap off my face after the second pass, I run three finger tips over the entire beard area to search for any missed areas. Depending on the residual slickness, found in any quality soap, I will buff that area without soap.
Dude, I do the same thing but still...

Point I suppose I'm trying to subtly make in this topic is, it's OK to use an electric to do some finish work post shave when everything is put away and you're all done. At least for us who have that touch of OCD when it comes to shaving.
You need to take the medicine BEFORE your shave:
OCD-Enhancer.jpg

then there will be NO post shave problem. :wink2:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
When you've given yourself a great shave and are all done, do you ever find a few strays that you missed? I do and end up cheating with my rotary razor to treat those strays. What do you all do (or are you less OCD than I am and let it go until the next shave)?
I've done the same with a rotary on the rare occasion, and see no problem with that. 😁

Hi,

Dry shave with a Gillette Old Type. Easy, peasy. :)

I do a one pass ATG with a Fasan Double Slant. Any trimming gets done with the Old Type. That includes the 'maw, dang, I missed right there'.

You can see the Old Type, the Fasan and my wife's Lady Gillette.

Way over to the right is my Dad's Tech and Rubberset brush on display. Oh, and the OT was my Grandfather's.

Stan

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I keep a Bic orange disposable in the bathroom specifically for this purpose. The Bic is actually a fantastic razor and I can get just as good a shave with it as with anything else I own.

I keep a Bic orange disposable in the bathroom specifically for this purpose. The Bic is actually a fantastic razor and I can get just as good a shave with it as with anything else I own.
You know, I actually do that too. I've bought bags of Bics and currently have a bag of a double bladed something or others. I keep one in the cabinet and the bagful in a drawer. As I think about it, I use one of these more often than the electric unless it's a larger rough patch.

Last edited:

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
When you've given yourself a great shave and are all done, do you ever find a few strays that you missed? I do and end up cheating with my rotary razor to treat those strays. What do you all do (or are you less OCD than I am and let it go until the next shave)?
I keep a gillette disposable in the drawer for whacking any whiskers I missed during shave. Just use it dry, no lather.

-Phil

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I now have a USB hand-held microscope. After each shave I inspect every square mm of my shave area for any whisker protruding above the skin surface. If even just one is noticed, I will relather the whole face and perform another full ATG pass.

This process is then repeated until all is perfect. SR shaving allows you to do this. If I am lucky, I can extend my shaving routine to almost a full day 😊.

OCD?

I now have a USB hand-held microscope. After each shave I inspect every square mm of my shave area for any whisker protruding above the skin surface. If even just one is noticed, I will relather the whole face and perform another full ATG pass.

This process is then repeated until all is perfect. SR shaving allows you to do this. If I am lucky, I can extend my shaving routine to almost a full day 😊.

OCD?
OK, you win the thread. ;)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
If I find a stray after everything is cleaned and dried, I hit it with the offending razor. You need to let the razor know who’s the boss.

Then I apologize to the razor gods and to the razor and accept the blame.

Today, because I’m shaving blind here, I missed a few next to my nose. I clipped them with my nose and ear hair trimmer as I held a flashlight on them. Close enough for the dentist I’m waiting to see as I type this post.

If I find a stray after everything is cleaned and dried, I hit it with the offending razor. You need to let the razor know who’s the boss.

Then I apologize to the razor gods and to the razor and accept the blame.

Today, because I’m shaving blind here, I missed a few next to my nose. I clipped them with my nose and ear hair trimmer as I held a flashlight on them. Close enough for the dentist I’m waiting to see as I type this post.
As the Russians might say, "Sometimes you shave with razor, sometimes razor shaves with you."

Top Bottom