What's new

How do you deal with a stray whisker/s after you're all done with your shaving routine?

When you've given yourself a great shave and are all done, do you ever find a few strays that you missed? I do and end up cheating with my rotary razor to treat those strays. What do you all do (or are you less OCD than I am and let it go until the next shave)?

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
When you've given yourself a great shave and are all done, do you ever find a few strays that you missed? I do and end up cheating with my rotary razor to treat those strays. What do you all do (or are you less OCD than I am and let it go until the next shave)?
Pretend the whisker is @Mike M and show it an Arko stick. :001_smile

If I'm just doing a quick two pass shave, I leave them for the next day.

If I'm doing a third pass, or touchups, I usually find them with my fingertips running against the grain and deal to them then.

I worry more about the hair growing on my nose and out of my ears than a few stray whiskers! 😋
I deal with that too at my age but I keep them tidied up as well!

Depending on how bad it may be bugging me….I have a Thorn single blade razor that I may elect to use if I have already removed my blade from the original razor, (if I discover the renegade before I replace the blade, then I will use it). If I later detect a sideburn alignment issue, I keep a little Wahl trimmer I picked up at Walmart,
Slap a little Proraso balm on the area before and after and I’m done.

Attachments

• CD6F08E4-6A8F-40DE-85EE-5641665CECDE.jpeg
    CD6F08E4-6A8F-40DE-85EE-5641665CECDE.jpeg
    529.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I check my face before I remove remaining soap from my mug. Then do more buffing if needed.
I do that too. Like I said, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to needing a BBS shave. Regardless of anything I do, there are still times I miss a few. They only reveal themselves well after I'm done. I should add that I also often use a double blade disposable for solo strays instead of the rotary for all those who started getting palpitations. ;)

I sometimes find a few stragglers around the corners of my mouth well after the whole shave routine is done and I'm long past the point of no return to the razor, soap and water. I just use my little electric shaver on them.

Reactions: CCS
I sometimes find a few stragglers around the corners of my mouth well after the whole shave routine is done and I'm long past the point of no return to the razor, soap and water. I just use my little electric shaver on them.
Thank you! I think it's the safest and easiest way to get those cleaned up. I often have that issue at the corners of my mouth too. Point I suppose I'm trying to subtly make in this topic is, it's OK to use an electric to do some finish work post shave when everything is put away and you're all done. At least for us who have that touch of OCD when it comes to shaving.

Thank you! I think it's the safest and easiest way to get those cleaned up. I often have that issue at the corners of my mouth too. Point I suppose I'm trying to subtly make in this topic is, it's OK to use an electric to do some finish work post shave when everything is put away and you're all done. At least for us who have that touch of OCD when it comes to shaving.
It's absolutely fine to touch up with an electric. If we're banished to the electric shaver touch up club then so be it. I'm sure we'll be fine though.

If it happens I usually wet that part of my face and clear it up with my razor. Then rinse and dry my razor again.

I don’t think I’ve ever left any spots of stubble long enough for an electric razor to make any difference. It would only ever be a spot where I can feel stubble enough to bother me, but it is still shaved closer than an electric could achieve.

Top Bottom