What's new

How do you compare ATT SE1/SE1 with winsor H1/H2 (R1/R2)?

Dear gents in this forum,
I have switched to SE razor for some months.
The biggest merit of SE is quickness.
Yesterday I backed to Gillette Fat Boy and got a very efficient shave.
This reminded me of the fact that many gents noted that windsor series is much smoother than regular one.
How do you compare ATT SE1/SE2 with windsor H1/H2 (or R1/R2)?
Any forthcoming opinions are highly appreciated.

For me, the SE1 is much smoother and more efficient than the R1. The latter is ok, but the SE1 is really good. I will say that it took me a little while to get the best out of the SE1, but once I dialled it in it moved right to the top of my rotation.

For me, the SE1 is much smoother and more efficient than the R1. The latter is ok, but the SE1 is really good. I will say that it took me a little while to get the best out of the SE1, but once I dialled it in it moved right to the top of my rotation.

@Cumberland Sausage,
Thank you.
I also found that SE1 is quite efficient, may be due to wider blades.
Regarding smoothness, DE blades often tend to bend when shaving.
Blade chatter may cause some irritation or redness.
From some reviews here, some BBers indicated that Windsor series is a significant upgrade from regular series.
Therefore I am curious about SE1/SE2 vs. windsor R1/R2 (H1/H2).
I acknowledge for your very valuable inputs.

The Windsor has a much smaller blade exposure than the original ATT razors which results in a stiffer blade feel. This allows the Windsor to provide a shave much like the SE1 with its stiffer artisan blades. On my face the Windsor R1 preforms much like the SE1. The Windsor H1 would be closer to the more aggressive SE2.
Hope this helps.

No, not at all. A single edge will always give you a different feel due the stiffness and the width of the blade. A DE blade will never be just like a SE. Just two different animals. I used a SE last week and this week I will move to a DE. Just like to experience some variety.

Top Bottom