What's new

How do you clean an yixing pot?

For pu'er, I use both Yixing and gaiwan, and the Yixing makes better tasting tea every time. I primarily use the gaiwan for at-work brewing. For greens, stick with a gaiwan unless you want some cabbage-y tasting tea; Yixings hold too much heat.

You can find cheap Yixing pretty much anywhere, especially if you have a local Chinatown. The quality won't be so hot, but they are generally inexpensive. Most of the internet sources are ridiculously overpriced. I have some pots from In Pursuit of Tea (link here) which I am really happy with, but again, they are overpriced.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
P.p.s. Maximum credit for using "an Yixing"! You must be pronouncing it correctly ;D

Nothing is growing in the pots, as I'm pretty fanatical about drying them. They just look dirty inside after a while, not unlike a coffee mug on a desk at the local Shell station. I think I'll just leave well enough alone.

As for my grasp of the use of a/an, I recall teaching my daughter the basics rules and mnemonics- a half an hour; a useful solution to an unusual problem. We would always conclude with the Python skit featuring John Cleese saying "an halibut." :lol:

Nothing is growing in the pots, as I'm pretty fanatical about drying them. They just look dirty inside after a while, not unlike a coffee mug on a desk at the local Shell station. I think I'll just leave well enough alone.

Ah yes, they'll definitely get black! It would be a Sisyphean task to avoid that happening, I reckon. :)

Toodlepip,

An Hobbes

Top Bottom