What's new

How do you Clean a Pre-Owned Badger Brush?

With all the hype I've read on shave brushes, I finally made a decision!
I must admit my knowledge of shave brushes was very limited,not like my meager knowledge & prices of razors. I also admit, since I join B&B, I have learn a lot in that regard. And after today, with England and the Royal wedding, I understand now why all the hooplah over British made High-end shave brushes. So what I want to know is, How do you clean a pre-own badger shave brush? Prior to this I only purchased NEW brushes(cheap). I know the ins & outs of cleaning and sanitizing a razor, but not a shave brush. Can I get some help on cleaning my pre-owned Rooney 1/2?

Firstly: congratulations on your new brush! I hope that it provides you with years of great shaving.
Secondly: as far as cleaning it is concerned, I would simply follow the steps outlined in the shave brush stickies
Thirdly: enjoy!

Echoing the above, congrats, and just follow the cleaning guides in the stickies. They vary, but the general ideas are washing with gentle dish soaps, or soaking in diluted borax or vinegar solutions (or some combination of those steps) as well as commonly building some lather and letting it sit in the brush.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom