What's new

How do YOU clay?

One of my favorite things about my regimen is that, once a week, I apply a clay mask to my face. I know that some of us on the forum use a clay mask, the DIY type where you have the dry clay and some wet ingredient(s) that you use to create the paste to spread on your face. I do that and I use Rhassoul Clay with any number of things: distilled water, apple cider vinegar, witch hazel distillate, various hydrosols, I've even used yogurt! There are a few different clays (French Green, Rhassoul, Fuller's Earth, etc.) and a lot of different liquids that can be used to make the mask. Sometimes I even add another dry ingredient, a few days ago I used organic powdered cocoa along with my clay and it produced great results!

So, my question to all those that do give yourselves a clay mask, how do you do it?

Well, I just bought "aztec secret" http://www.aztec-secret.com/Clay.htm at whole food last week so I have only done it twice. first time with tap h20 and last night I used apple cider vinegar. I like the ACV better, but it sure did stink.
I like the results I am getting form this clay, it leaves my face felling soft, and does a great job of cleaning all of my pores. I am all ears for new mix in ideas as well.
Greg

I used to use a cheap widely available clay called "Queen Helene Mint Julep" - ingredients were basically a mix of kaolin and bentonite clay with zinc and glycerin thrown in there. Great value for the price - a whole tube for like 3.99 at CVS.

Thanks to B&B I picked up some French Green Clay - used it twice now, just mixing it with spring water - wow it sure sucked my face dry - Much stronger than kaolin or bentonite. It made my face look good and even a bit rosey/suntanned in a good way as the French Green Clay stimulates blood to the area where its applied. I felt it was a bit too drying to use every week so yesterday I went back to the Queen Helene Mint Julep. I do want to try mixing the French Green Clay with Apple Cider Vinegar as Apple Cider Vinegar was great in quickly clearing up some mild acne marks/scars and many people tout its health and skin benefits.

I use the QED french clay, personally.

I start out by rinsing my face off very well (no soap) at the end of a long day, and let it air dry while I get my stuff together.

I use a couple of ramekins to mix things up, so I start off with a cup full of water and pour some olive oil into one of the ramekins (maybe a tablespoon, tops). After washing my hands, I apply most of the olive oil to my face and rub it in. Then I pour in about 1.5 TB of the french clay to the dry ramekin and mix in about an equal amount of water with my fingers. As it mixes in, I pour the rest of the olive oil into the clay.

I spread it on my face as well as I can, AVOIDING THE EYES and trying to avoid clumps.

THEN I go lay back in bed and listen to music or watch TV or chill with my new doggy...

proxy.php

After 20-25 minutes, I get up and rinse it off in the sink. I then apply some sort of moisturizer or aftershave balm (QED sells a wonderful ASB containing teatree oil, peppermint, and patchouli that is perfect for this) and that's that.

I have used the Burt's Bees pore refining french clay mask ("borrow" it from my wife) once a week and like the sensation and what it does for my face.

First I shave, taking a lot of time to get a close, comfortable shave. After the post shave rinse, mix up a batch using 1T of the powder and adding water until you get a thin paste. Apply it to the face and neck with a gentle circular massaging motion. This product includes menthol so it definitely tingles a bit. Leave on until it dries, about 15 minutes and rinse off with lukwarm water.

Then, bask in your own radiant glow!!!

I am also interested in trying the QEDman variant.

Top Bottom