What's new

How do they hone (create) DE blades

I'm curious if anyone has read anything about the process. I've heard the term stroned to describe a DE that is honed and stropped but . . . I've not a clue how they are actually honed, stropped (if they are at all), or any other techniques used by the various makers (such has added films, coatings or non-steel buffers)

Anyone have thoughts or ideas?

bump 2...

I've wondered this as well. Anybody? Or for that matter, any cool "behind the scenes at the factory" type sites out there about how brushes or razors are manufactured?

OK, this certainly isn't modern blade making, but here is some historical info on the development of blades from "The Safety Razor and Shaving Collectible Web Site":

http://www.geocities.com/safetyrazors/blades/DEBladePage.htm

I know this isn't what we're looking for, but hopefully it's a start...maybe someone knows of a current site with factory info?

-Brian

It has to be a well guarded secret so other manufacurers can not make their blades as good as the next guy's.:lol:

This is something I have just taken for granted. I have never thought about it, but now that I have read this post I am curious as well.

Top Bottom