What's new

How do I set my Progress?

Just got all my shaving goodies, and I've noticed that I can rotate the bottom setting knob 2 or 3 times all the way around. Which rotation is the right one (given a suggestion to start at a setting of 2 or 2.5 for the first month)?

Rotation #1:
After opening it up and sticking the blade in, the base catches the top plate at 4 or 4.5
4.5-->3.5 Spring offers resistance to top plate
3.5-->1....

Rotation #2:
5-->1 gets tighter

Rotation #3:
Gets even tighter, not sure if the blade will actually touch the skin at the lower numbers during this rotation.

First you have to tighten the head down all of the way! Make sure you assemble the head with the | and the top part aligned with the ^ on the body. Depending upon how your razor was manufactured, the number under the alignment marks can be thought of as a zero point, as little exposure as possible. BY twisting from there, you can use that as the numeric offset as you see fit.
sirion said:
Just got all my shaving goodies, and I've noticed that I can rotate the bottom setting knob 2 or 3 times all the way around. Which rotation is the right one (given a suggestion to start at a setting of 2 or 2.5 for the first month)?

Rotation #1:
After opening it up and sticking the blade in, the base catches the top plate at 4 or 4.5
4.5-->3.5 Spring offers resistance to top plate
3.5-->1....

Rotation #2:
5-->1 gets tighter

Rotation #3:
Gets even tighter, not sure if the blade will actually touch the skin at the lower numbers during this rotation.

Hm..so if I wanted to simulated a Merkur Classic (for example), I'd tighten the razor all the way down as far as it will go, then open it up 3 or 4 from there?

sirion said:
Hm..so if I wanted to simulated a Merkur Classic (for example), I'd tighten the razor all the way down as far as it will go, then open it up 3 or 4 from there?
Depending on how you index the numbers, yes. Three is more than adequate..

R

rainman

Just twist the knob from side to side. It should adjust fine that way.

I think you may have the forum organized with the oldest posts on top rather than the newest. You've been replying to posts from 3-4 years ago.

Top Bottom