What's new

How do I get La Toja stick to work better?

I got it for travel, and I want to use it without a brush. I've been testing it,and I can't get it to do any more than a super-thin lather that dries out really quickly. What I've been doing is: getting my face super moist, then wetting the tip of the stick and then running the stick all over my beard. Then I try to work up some lather with my hands.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I really think you either need a brush. Nancy Boy makes a travel size that is latherable with brush or hands and does work well. Something like Cremo or Barbasol 1919, or Duke Cannon or any number of others that are brushless. I have a travel size of the Barabasol Orange foam and it's decent for a foam.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Buy a cheap good Yaqi synthetic 22-24mm brush and you will be happier and enjoy the shave IMO.
I just but my brush in one of these containers to protect them is the suitcase.
Repurpose things or ideas for shaving needs. - Copy.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
There's plenty of folk that just take (one of) their regular brush(es) while traveling, and plenty of others who have a dedicated small traveling brush. And even some of us that simply use small brushes exclusively, hehe. I'll always recommend the Wee Scot, but whatever you want to carry and use works just fine.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Thanks guys. Do you know, to confess my ignorance, I thought the whole point of a stick was that it didn't need a brush.

A stick means that you rub the soap on your face and lather on your face with a brush.

There are many non-lathering brushless shaving products, many are quite good. And many creams can be used brushless.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
A stick means that you rub the soap on your face and lather on your face with a brush.

There are many non-lathering brushless shaving products, many are quite good. And many creams can be used brushless.
Nancy Boy is one of the best to lather with hands. A brush works better but hands will do the job.

For non lathering I would go with Barbasol 1919.

Overall though, I'd try to get a smaller synth for travel. There should be many around $20.

Top Bottom