What's new

How do I get cologne into the vintage glass bottle?

For that matter, how do I clean the moss remnants stuck to the inside of the bottle when the opening of the bottle is like a pin hole. I could just slide a toothpick inside to pull the moss out.

20200124_193949.jpg20200124_194006.jpg

Attachments

• 20200124_194014.jpg
    20200124_194014.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
When decanting my colognes I use a syringe with a detachable needle. You can buy them cheaply online in packs and mine transfer about 20ml at a time into the thinnest bottle opening. Not sure about cleaning but I assume you could use the same method to introduce a cleaning detergent and then empty after cleaning. You could then fill with water in the same way to thoroughly rinse and then empty again and dry before adding the cologne. Good luck.

Thanks much!

I also just found out that the cap to the modern Pinaud plastic bottles are too large for the vintage Pinaud glass bottles. Now I gotta look around for the vintage caps or produce a new one that will work.

I might also have to use a printer to reproduce the correct size Pinaud label for the glass bottle too..

Thanks much!

I also just found out that the cap to the modern Pinaud plastic bottles are too large for the vintage Pinaud glass bottles. Now I gotta look around for the vintage caps or produce a new one that will work.

I might also have to use a printer to reproduce the correct size Pinaud label for the glass bottle too..
You can get the label off a current bottle easily if you want to use it. There is a trick to it. It will stick to glass rather well.

For refilling fountain pen ink cartridges I went to a vape shop and got a small squeeze bottle with something like a blunt syringe needle on the cap. I don't know what they're called, but something like that should work well.

Top Bottom