What's new

How did you get your custom title.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I believe mine is a result of a thread with some of the other shoe fiends/fanatics/sneaker heads and what not, namely with Mr 3017 himself @johnniegold and I was reminiscing and going on about my days of selling shoes. It was my career in high school, college, and even moonlighted at it post college whilst working my day job in the world of cubicles/Office Space...

FWIW there's some guy on here with a really great avatar/profile pic of good old Mr. O'Neill as Al Bundy...

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Well, it started as a description of my tweed flat cap over in the Haberdashery. However, since retiring from the Army, it has unfortunately become a quite prescient portrayal of the rest of me too.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well, it started as a description of my tweed flat cap over in the Haberdashery. However, since retiring from the Army, it has unfortunately become a quite prescient portrayal of the rest of me too.
LOL! Thank you for your service, truly. (I Know! I am mixing threads; it's a gift.)

Retirement SUCKS! I had my Cardiologist Appointment yesterday. HE IS THE ONE THAT MADE ME RETIRE!

I've gained 30 pounds, but it's leveled out now. I'm just not able to be as active as I'd like with my lungs.

Stay healthy friends!

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
LOL! Thank you for your service, truly. (I Know! I am mixing threads; it's a gift.)

Retirement SUCKS! I had my Cardiologist Appointment yesterday. HE IS THE ONE THAT MADE ME RETIRE!

I've gained 30 pounds, but it's leveled out now. I'm just not able to be as active as I'd like with my lungs.

Stay healthy friends!
Same to you. Dude, sorry about your health issues. Hang in there.

I wish I could say I had some noble reason for being "poofier than I prefer", but I'm afraid its time management. Getting to the gym was definitely higher priority when my career was riding on passing the PT test every six months. I'm just struggling to make time for it now. But I know I need to do it. I keep thinking of that cartoon of a doctor saying to this overweight business-looking guy, "which fits in your busy schedule better, exercising for an hour every day or being dead for 24 hours every day?"

FarmerTan

Same to you. Dude, sorry about your health issues. Hang in there.

I wish I could say I had some noble reason for being "poofier than I prefer", but I'm afraid its time management. Getting to the gym was definitely higher priority when my career was riding on passing the PT test every six months. I'm just struggling to make time for it now. But I know I need to do it. I keep thinking of that cartoon of a doctor saying to this overweight business-looking guy, "which fits in your busy schedule better, exercising for an hour every day or being dead for 24 hours every day?"
Time management for me has always been my downfall! ADHD is no excuse, but add in lots of mini-strokes and my lovely War Department and I are just glad that I can still remember to show up for stuff!

Life is a gift, but sometimes I think we take so MANY of Gods gifts for granted that he will MAKE you sit long enough to "Be still and KNOW that He is God!"

End of sermon. Carry on my friends. Nothing to see here! I SURELY don't want you to see any of my hypocrisy shining through!

FarmerTan

I wish my cardiologist would “force” me to retire. I’m tired of working and afraid to make the leap.
Be careful what you wish for. I'm okayish with my life now, financially and otherwise, but for a year to a year and a half there I kinda wished I had died on the job.

I, as usual, was an idiot. To live is Christ, to die is gain - but that gaining part is HIS decision to make, even if I didn't agree with it.

I've gotten to see His hand a LOT in that time, and a LOT of that has been through a BUNCH of you Yahoos!

Be careful what you wish for. I'm okayish with my life now, financially and otherwise, but for a year to a year and a half there I kinda wished I had died on the job.

I, as usual, was an idiot. To live is Christ, to die is gain - but that gaining part is HIS decision to make, even if I didn't agree with it.

I've gotten to see His hand a LOT in that time, and a LOT of that has been through a BUNCH of you Yahoos!
I feel I’ve finally arrived. I’ve never been a Yahoo before.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I wish my cardiologist would “force” me to retire. I’m tired of working and afraid to make the leap.
For the last few years co-workers keep asking when I am going to retire. I would always say 2028. Now I say 3 more years. That’s the earliest I can leave without penalty. I am READY

Top Bottom