What's new

How did you get your custom title.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
A lot of us on here cannot in any way shape or form read everything. If you are lucky (or unlucky) enough to have a custom title share with the group how you earned it. And CT's are definitely earned. If you try for one it will never happen.

I will start, we had a post in the team forum on side effects from the covid shot. I said I "grew a tail" the rest is history.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I think I was ranting on about social stalker media harvesting all your data, and me moving away from online shopping, and back to paying cash over the counter. I want to go back to being instantly forgotten as soon as I walk out of the store with my goodies, instead of having my every thought, whim and deed, recorded and analysed.

Whoever awarded it me - thank you! I love it! :biggrin1:

EDIT.... Found it! It was this post!

Last edited:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Here I am, first again
I made that comment. Someone at B &B heard it and gave me that custom title.
Right now I am almost 1st again. So there is some truth here.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
One day I posted in the Breakfast thread that I had a Fluffernutter for breakfast. Someone asked me what it was, as the Fluffernutter is a regional New England thing about which most midwesterners and southerners know nothing. This led to a conversation as several other members who grew up in New England shared their memories of Fluffernutters.

At that point a moderator added "Ask me about a Fluffernutter" as a custom title and within a day or two I was so inundated with posts and DMs asking me about the Fluffernutter that I had to start a thread to which I could direct the curious.

I'm proud of and grateful for my custom Fluffernutter title. Here's the thread:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I miss my custom titles.
captp:
Yeah...me too (Emperor of Emojis).
proxy.php

Your Title.jpg
"It is not titles that honor [our members], but [our members] that honor titles". Niccolo Machiavelli

I really enjoy seeing the custom titles!
I had one prior to the revamp of the forum, and for the life of me I can't remember what it was exactly. It had something to do with winning the ugly Christmas sweater contest against a picture of a dog.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Mine is sort of self explanatory but is "I dont remember" the same as "I didnt know"?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🧐 Well. I made an uncharacteristically evil suggestion. Or three.

1. At this other place, they sold custom titles.

2. For another fee you could have it hung on another forumite.

3. For yet another fee, that poor/unfortunate could pay to have the slanderous CT removed. Or not! 🤣 Muahahahaha!

Luckily for all of you, the Mods ignored my idea, but acknowledged its capacity to get out of hand... 🤔 Hey, somebody has to come up with the bad ideas.

AA

I think there is a certain anti-Marxist quality (Groucho, not Karl) to them. The line about not wanting to be a member of any Club that would have you.

I do not hang about long enough for one, just as no nickname has ever really "stuck" to me. I take some interest in trying to decipher how they were "born", though.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
The Marxist saying “I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”

I think there is a certain anti-Marxist quality (Groucho, not Karl) to them. The line about not wanting to be a member of any Club that would have you.

I do not hang about long enough for one, just as no nickname has ever really "stuck" to me. I take some interest in trying to decipher how they were "born", though.
Voilá

Personally I detest tags.

Top Bottom