What's new

How did you find B&B

So, what's your story? How did you find this great little community?

For me it was from a Str8 razor forum that mentioned this place, I lurked and then signed up, and the rest is history.

How about you?

Was in Walmart to get cheap disposable razors because I was fed up with the cost of replacement cartridges, saw the Williams and a boar hair brush (didn't know it was boar then), then came home to look up on google what the heck to do with it. My first wet shave was with a cheap disposable. I think the blood stains are still on the wall :biggrin:

What turned me to the brush was wanting to be "old fashioned." Boy is it nice.

I either found B&B through google or through a comment on a video of Mantic's on YouTube. Can't remember.

I googled shaving mugs, trying to scare up some info on a scuttle that I had inherited from my great-grandfather, a straight razor shaver who died in 1956. It didn't take me long to catch the bug.

Norm

houstonianyankee first, then google and leisureguy all sent be back as i kept researching

this site led me to SRP

I discovered shaveblog, got hooked and and began reading. Theere were references to "shavegeeks", even links to some of the threads & member profiles here at B&B. I followed the links and stayed here.

M

modern man

Looking for shaving videos on You Tube to see how others did it.

The MSN Cory Greenburg episode popped up and when I watched that in other videos page on that page, Mantics videos popped up and promoted shaving forms.

well it all started around a month ago or so my go to electric razor that i used for around 4 years or so that i thought was a great way to remove the stubble i hated using disposable razors they always clog and i could never complet 1 shave with out tossing it out and finishing with anotherbut my electric acendently fell into the toilet how approperiate from my 9 year old i guess i owe her a trip to magic mountin or chuckie cheeses caus if that would have not hapened i would not be enjoying a great shave every day so i tryed to replace the electric but in quest to due so that model is no longer made it was replaced with a new improved more high dollar model so i stumbled on to this sight and a few others and decided wet shaving was the way to go and let me tell ya what it is great fantactic love to shave now look forward to it every day and it is cool to use hardware that your dad and grandfather used kinda of a connection to the past and something unique and a plus is that it is pain free so that is how i ended up here

Like to go to old barber shops for haircuts.
Barber used a straight to trim and clean up.
Thoughts got to my head about trying a straight razor.
Googled... came up with Shaveblog.com and Wikipedia Safety Razors
Eventually Mantic's Videos and finally here

Looking for shaving videos on You Tube to see how others did it.

The MSN Cory Greenburg episode popped up and when I watched that in other videos page on that page, Mantics videos popped up and promoted shaving forms.

Ah yes. THAT's how I found it. Mantic's video where he says, "You have been reading the wet shaver discussion boards, haven't you?" I laughed so hard at that. Shaving forums. Hahahaha. Some time passed. I watched the video a few more times. Then I typed in this address first because it was on top.

And here I am, reading B&B for about 13 hours so far today.

Mantic's vids. Caught the first couple posted on Lifehacker, and the rest, as they say, is delicious steam-grilled 5-holed history.

The price of new Fusion cartridges vs. the value of same led to an internet search. I couldn't (still can't) find very many products or pointers in stores. The rest is history.

M

modern man

Ah yes. THAT's how I found it. Mantic's video where he says, "You have been reading the forums, haven't you?" I laughed so hard at that. Shaving forums. Hahahaha. Then I typed in this address first.

And here I am, reading B&B for about 13 hours so far today.

I see we had the same thought.

Someone call the SciFi Network, I have a new show pitch. :biggrin:

A member here, Tim (Ratcheer) posted a thread on traditional wetshaving at straightbourbon.com (a bourbon forum) in that thread there were links to Mantic's Videos which sent me to B&B and SMF. I signed up at both within days of each other, but as nice as SMF was it was just never a snug fit for me. So here I am, a year of wetshaving later. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom