What's new

How did you end up on here?

started DE shaving about 8 years ago,after my grandfather passed away and I found an old DE razor of his. Then I wanted to get into straight razors, and that's when I found these kinds of forums. Started on Straight Razor Place, and have since migrated to one or 2 others. I don't hang out much anymore on these here forums. I still mostly use a traditional DE setup. Due to work, though, I've been going with Mach 3 and gel quite often,and have to admit it's not a bad combination.

I was trying to find Cacharel Shaving Soap and google sent me here. Still haven't found the soap, but everything else has improved.

I think I am one of the few people to have this soap, which is quite good. A number of years ago I was able to secure a brand new soap with accompanying pewter dish. I have been looking for more ever since, and have not found any. I use mine sparingly

i stole my brothers DE equipment (as a result he still chaves) and when i asked him which blade to use he recommended i go on this forum called shavemyface

i forgot what site he said and google pointed to B&B

There was an 'i REALLY hate to shave...' topic posted on reddit, i agreed, thinking, 'shaving IS awful'.
Then someone mentioned DE and straight shaving, and B&B was mentioned.
Thanks Reddit! : )

I found this place looking for some place to order Wilkinson Sword razor blades after our local Brookshires quit selling them. I thought this was a store when I first looked at it. It may as well have been one, spent lots of money ever since.

How did you lot end up on badger & blade, through a search engine, word of mouth etc.
I came here through a search engine, think i was looking for de razors, and it always had a link to something on b & b, so i had a look, lurked and here i am now:thumbup:

+1 That's just how I found this place. :thumbup:

I read an article over on Art of Manliness about saving money by going back to Wet DE or SE shaving and there was a link to B&B I clicked it came over and haunted around 1 evening and by the next day I was all signed up.

I met another member, Shaving_Galoot, on a non-shaving forum and we discovered a common interest. He referred me here.

I was doing some research on ceramic razor blades for a research project for school and google sent me here, took a look around and decided to stay.

I was searching high and low on the internet for ways to improve shaving and one particularly great article mentioned DE razors. I shrugged it off but came back looking for a new razor. My many searches led me here everytime and thus I began this glorious venture.

A few years ago (when I did much more travelling for business) I forgot to pack my wash kit. So I walked out of the hotel into the nearest pharmacy (Boots) and bought the cheapest razor I could find - Boots own brand DE. Never used my Mach III again, Boots DE is a good shaver but plastic and ugly so about six months later I decided to replace it with something decent. Googled for "safety razor reviews" and landed here, all doe eyed innocence - now I'm shaving with a Dovo straight.

It was an accidental, incidental, fundamental, developmental lapse of mental trepidation that led me here.
It was osmosis that led me to this oasis in which the case is in status.

In other words, I saw a mantic video on YouTube and started a google search! :001_rolle

Google. Was looking for tips on how to do a hot towel treatment at home and found B&B. Started reading and said I gotta try this crazy idea of going from five blades to one. Sounded just crazy enough to work!

Dale

I ended up at my doctor's office with an infection from an ingrown hair. I had a history of those ingrown hairs from using an electric razor that need a new sharper head, but I was too cheap to buy it. I had originally switched to the electric because I was too cheap to buy cartridges for my old razor.

Anyways, I was so frustrated I got on the google machine and searched for another option. I finally found this place and haven't had an ingrown hair since I switched to a DE razor. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I'm saving any money either. :wink2:

I saw an ad in the Duluth Trading Co. catalog for a DE razor. They only had 1 model which turned out was Merkur (not listed as to mfg.). I did a search on DE shaving and ended up here. The first razor I bought was a Merkur Progress although I never did buy anything from Duluth after seeing the choices of items mentioned here from the great suppliers we have to choose from. .

Combination of seeing how expensive cartridges were in the grocery an the same day getting my haircut where the barber used one of those disposable blade straights on the back of my neck.

Then googled and go...

Top Bottom