What's new

How Did This Happen?

Ive acquired these in a matter of a few weeks. For some reason I got the great idea to restore some brushes, gift some, and keep some for my own den. Now I even have a co worker making me handles out of exotic wood and antler (pics when finished)
As you can see I’ve removed a few knots already and will replace w Maggard or TGN knots. But there are a few that feel like they are still in usable condition. They just don’t look that great. Do I keep the old if they can still be used, or do I just make them all new?
578C46F1-A23C-432E-B672-D9B91E9D47BD.jpeg

I don't know what to tell you, but that one in the middle is beyond creepy. :eek2:

Clown? Ringmaster? Possessed comedian? Dunno.

AA
What happened? When I was a kid, we all loved clowns. Now everyone hates them and is afraid of them.

But I gotta say that brush handle is creepy and should go,

EDIT: I think that is Stan Laurel! But they did something weird to the eyes.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It looks more like Oliver Hardy to me.

Sorry @TexOkie Shaver , but I'm no fan of clowns.

I am not afraid of Laurel and Hardy.

I'm not afraid of that brush handle.

Therefore, logically, we must conclude that Mr Hardy was the model.

Can you believe I NEVER went to Law Skool?

What happened? When I was a kid, we all loved clowns. Now everyone hates them and is afraid of them.

But I gotta say that brush handle is creepy and should go,

EDIT: I think that is Stan Laurel! But they did something weird to the eyes.
I gotta be honest, clowns always creeped me out when I was a kid. This is a fact I take great delight in pointing out to my current boss (and a good friend as well), who was a professional circus clown at one point in his life.

FarmerTan

I gotta be honest, clowns always creeped me out when I was a kid. This is a fact I take great delight in pointing out to my current boss (and a good friend as well), who was a professional circus clown at one point in his life.
Don't trust him......you ever see any NICE clowns in horror movies?

Just sayin'...

Don't trust him......you ever see any NICE clowns in horror movies?

Just sayin'...
He's a stand-up guy, to be sure. I worked for him at a previous company, then when that company whacked all the contractors, he called me up from his new job to see if I was available. Of course I was. We work well together and have fun doing it.

FarmerTan

He's a stand-up guy, to be sure. I worked for him at a previous company, then when that company whacked all the contractors, he called me up from his new job to see if I was available. Of course I was. We work well together and have fun doing it.
That's one of the things I most miss about retirement: the lack of daily commarodarie with friends.

As long as you two don't "clown around" together in full regalia I'm fine with it, lol!

That's one of the things I most miss about retirement: the lack of daily commarodarie with friends.

As long as you two don't "clown around" together in full regalia I'm fine with it, lol!
I take great delight in every opportunity to say "What kind of clown would come up with that idea?"

FarmerTan

I take great delight in every opportunity to say "What kind of clown would come up with that idea?"
You my friend are blessed. A sense of humor and people to share it with. Lol, and you get paid for it!
Enjoy working, retirement comes too quickly to some of us.

Ive acquired these in a matter of a few weeks. For some reason I got the great idea to restore some brushes, gift some, and keep some for my own den. Now I even have a co worker making me handles out of exotic wood and antler (pics when finished)
As you can see I’ve removed a few knots already and will replace w Maggard or TGN knots. But there are a few that feel like they are still in usable condition. They just don’t look that great. Do I keep the old if they can still be used, or do I just make them all new?
View attachment 1167972
whats the metal handle? it looks very nice.....

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy

Two things happened. First was John Wayne Gacy
1603936170722.png

Second was the 1986 novel IT by Stephen King, the "Moby Dick of horror novels" and a great read...

1603936486943.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom