What's new

How close to OS is Avon Spicy?

I went on the 'Bay and won an unused bottle of Avon Spicy for $3 with free shipping. I know Ebay can be iffy on vintage scents, but for $3 I thought it would be worth the risk.

My question is, how close does the smell resemble Shulton Old Spice? I've thought about buying some Shulton, but after this purchase, I'm wondering if I need any right away.

Thanks

It is similar to Old Spice, but it has it's differences. It has menthol way down on the ingredient list, however I don't seem to notice it. For me, all of the Avon aftershaves have a certain similarity, sort of an Avon essence if you will, like how a lot of Pinaud product has a similar feel. So yes, it is similar to Old Spice, but just different enough that you can tell the difference. Great deal on that bottle of Spicy, btw.

Thanks. I couldn't believe how cheap it was. Hopefully it'll still smell good. If not, I've still got the bottle, which is the lucky horseshoe. Something I can reuse. It'll be interesting to see how it smells I've yet to pull the trigger on Shulton.

Last edited:
A few months ago I found the Indian Head bottle of Spicy on da Bay for $3 shipped! The guy made it a point to tell me what a great deal I got, as if I didn't know! It smells great and looks great, too.

Got my bottle today. It cost them more to ship than I paid for it. Score! Smells great. Can't wait to use it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I love the amount of glycerin that the vintage Avon aftershaves have. They make my face feel great after the shave. I get what Patrick is saying about the 'Avon Essence' While I own every scent of vintage Avon, there is something similarly identifiable with each other.

You should try and compare the vintage Shulton Old spice to the Avon Spicy Jack, you will enjoy both. They are close enough that I have lifetime supplies of both.

I don't think they're close at all. All the Avons have a slight powdery note to them. I like the vintage Avons I've found but Old Spice stands alone.

I'll still get some Shulton, but I'm going to wait a while. I've been buying scents/aftershaves like crazy lately. The wife is gonna kill me.

I agree about the powdery note. I like Vijon better. Oh well. Still only got it for $3. Worst case, I save the bottle for some Indian OS.

Top Bottom