What's new

How clean are your dentist's or dental hygienist's gloved hands?

Hopefully your dentist doesn't touch "other surfaces" with contaminated gloves. The main purpose of gloves (other than a surgical procedure), is to prevent cross-contamination. It's not an OR, but you shouldn't feel uncomfortable with sterile procedures in your dentist's office. I'd look for another dentist if I had questions.

:thumbsup:

When they are scraping your teeth, and especially if it's an ultrasonic scaler, whatever bacteria are in your mouth are getting sprayed everywhere.
Yes, my glasses looked like a 1000 little birds had done a fly over, can appreciate the hygienist not wanting to breath it in

They say the human mouth is pretty bad bacteria-wise anyway.
The entire body is a melange of bacteria & fungi....but its our individual bacteria & fungi. I don't want to go to the dentist and have the previous patients mouth funk in mine after its been hanging out on a switch or key.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great another thing to worry about
i have noticed plastic on the lamp handle but honestly never gave that a second thought until now. On another note my dentist does this elaborate exam of my neck mouth and tongue and counting of my teeth. This must be enhanced billing codes!
this thread made me think about
Dr. Tim Whatley!

Ha ha
Penthouse magazine?
images.jpg

Top Bottom