What's new

How can we leave feedback on a fellow member?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I searched for a way to do so and couldn’t find it, any suggestions?
Contact a Moderator. OR.... I believe you can push on the member's name or image, and the "Report" button will be there. If you press that, I think the Mods will get a notification, and will reach out to you. The member being reported will not know it was you.

If you want to report me, if it is bad, I am sorry. If you want to tell the Mods how great I am, they already know!

Seriously though, was that helpful?

FarmerTan

Contact a Moderator. OR.... I believe you can push on the member's name or image, and the "Report" button will be there. If you press that, I think the Mods will get a notification, and will reach out to you. The member being reported will not know it was you.

If you want to report me, if it is bad, I am sorry. If you want to tell the Mods how great I am, they already know!

Seriously though, was that helpful?
Edit: you may have to press on the member's name or image twice to get to the "Report" button.

Sorry guys, I was meaning a way to leave positive feedback👍

You can click the like button and respond to an individual post:

like.png

I wondered this also. Many forums with a member marketplace have a system to leave feedback for the buyer and seller. I'm guessing that the OP may have been asking in that context.

Ok, so we are to assume that every member posting in the BST is an exceptional trader?

Ok, so we are to assume that every member posting in the BST is an exceptional trader?

If you mouse over their profile picture (left of every post), you'll see how long they have been around and a vague approximation of their rep (Reaction score); anyone with any longevity can be trusted to a point. Always use Paypal G&S to protect yourself, irrespective of who you deal with.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
No. We are to assume that every member on B&B is capable of making responsible decisions for themselves with regards to their own individual finances and goods.

This is why it is in the guidelines to use PayPal goods and services. For every transaction weather it be money involved or goods, nothing trumps your own judgment.

How long has a member been here, what does their post history look like, what do they post about, have they used the BST in the past, etc, etc. Look at profiles and use the search function. No one is under any obligation to engage in a BST transaction just because they are the first to respond.

Trust your gut, do your homework, use payment options that protect you. A feedback system is not going to protect you. It might help, but no more than the resources we already have and your own common sense.

FarmerTan

No. We are to assume that every member on B&B is capable of making responsible decisions for themselves with regards to their own individual finances and goods.

This is why it is in the guidelines to use PayPal goods and services. For every transaction weather it be money involved or goods, nothing trumps your own judgment.

How long has a member been here, what does their post history look like, what do they post about, have they used the BST in the past, etc, etc. Look at profiles and use the search function. No one is under any obligation to engage in a BST transaction just because they are the first to respond.

Trust your gut, do your homework, use payment options that protect you. A feedback system is not going to protect you. It might help, but no more than the resources we already have and your own common sense.
Perfectly stated.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
The only time I’ve ever been burned on the BST was by a long time member in good standing. It was someone that I called a friend, so I chose to pay him via PayPal’s friends and family option, and he chose not to send the goods and never to be heard from again. Lesson learned- Always use the goods and services option.

By the way, he also chose to be promptly removed from this site.

FarmerTan

The only time I’ve ever been burned on the BST was by a long time member in good standing. It was someone that I called a friend, so I chose to pay him via PayPal’s friends and family option, and he chose not to send the goods and never to be heard from again. Lesson learned- Always use the goods and services option.

By the way, he also chose to be promptly removed from this site.
Thanks for the warning. Very sad, to me. Things happen, but I can't think of a reason for this...

Top Bottom