What's new

How can Pinuad Clubman still use Oakmoss?

Just wondering..as you read so many loved classics are gutted due to IFRA restrictions with oakmoss and such..does that not apply to Clubman? Is it not subject to the IFRA rules although it says on bottle essence is from France?

I thought Clubman was made and bottled in the U.S.. I think the IFRA rules would only apply if they sold it in the EU, right? BYW, what's wrong with Oak Moss, is it endangered?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just wondering..as you read so many loved classics are gutted due to IFRA restrictions with oakmoss and such..does that not apply to Clubman? Is it not subject to the IFRA rules although it says on bottle essence is from France?

Reading with interest.

The essential oils are available, at least for American fans.

I picked both oakmoss and treemoss EOs off the bay. I jazzed up a Williams puck with several drops, and it's really one of my favorite soaps now.

AA

I took a few minutes to read up about Oak moss. It looks to me that it's another case of the very few dictating to the masses. A small percentage of the population is sensitive to Oak moss so it needs to be regulated. Ok, make it a law that it has to be listed on the ingredients and then leave it alone for the rest of the world to enjoy.

Exactly how much of the stuff is required before it effects the kidneys? 1 drop, a ounce or a gallon? I guess it's like being allergic to nuts or wheat. Just have it listed and avoid it if you're "sensitive".

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The smell of defiant awesomeness. The EU will never take mine!

I put like six or ten drops in the soap and mashed it up until it's pungent, tan lather... Sheer powerhouse. Like tens of millions of other people, I'm not allergic.

AA

The 80’s!

Yep, oakmoss provides the deep bass and thump of the original Polo (which I have on as we speak..and I wasn't shy on the trigger! Not quite green smoke wafting off me, but definitely rocking it!:D)

Definitely a key component of the fougere as well..
Oakmoss, for me, smells like an vacant, overgrown English manor.

I get that too..AWESOME description!
I thought Clubman was made and bottled in the U.S.. I think the IFRA rules would only apply if they sold it in the EU, right?

Yep, it is, but what is odd to me is the essence imported from France but..so, if the EU is bound by IFRA, wouldn't it affect that essence that is exported from France? That's the part that I'm not quite understanding..
proxy.php

Last edited:
I took a few minutes to read up about Oak moss. It looks to me that it's another case of the very few dictating to the masses. A small percentage of the population is sensitive to Oak moss so it needs to be regulated. Ok, make it a law that it has to be listed on the ingredients and then leave it alone for the rest of the world to enjoy.

Exactly how much of the stuff is required before it effects the kidneys? 1 drop, a ounce or a gallon? I guess it's like being allergic to nuts or wheat. Just have it listed and avoid it if you're "sensitive".

Thanks for the explanation!!

Having spoken to this company before, I would bet anything that they just haven’t changed the label.....

They always seem to be in disarray. If you want to ask a question, their Facebook page seems to be run by someone up on the happenings with the products.

The website contacts, on the other hand, usually lead to people who know next to nothing about the products.

Top Bottom