What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

How can I shut off getting "like" button notices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems you have to click on your user-name at the top of the screen and then go to preferences. The only problem is there are so many options and I don't want to shut them all off. So I am still working on it.

Reactions: djh
How did it go?
I did not do it yet because I'm afraid it will shut off all notices. I only want to shut off just the "like button" notices.
It got bad for awhile, one day, I got so many I still may do it yet. I'm going to see how it goes the way it is now. If it gets bad again I will do it.

SpecialK

If you only disable the reaction notifications, it'll only disable the reaction notifications. It won't shut off all of your notifications.

If you only disable the reaction notifications, it'll only disable the reaction notifications. It won't shut off all of your notifications.
Thank you for the info. Could you give me an example of a reaction notification? If someone comments on a post I made will I still get a notice?

SpecialK

The likes are called reactions in the system. I'm telling you exactly what to click in order to disable the specific notifications that you want to disable. Disabling reaction notifications will not disable any other type of notification.

The likes are called reactions in the system. I'm telling you exactly what to click in order to disable the specific notifications that you want to disable. Disabling reaction notifications will not disable any other type of notification.
Thank you so much for a direct answer. I will do that.

I have not liked the "like" button option since day one. I asked here how to disable me getting notifications when someone just likes one of my comments but what I was told by one of the mods does not work.
I was told to go to preferences and uncheck "Reacts to your message in a conversation." That does not work. I hate it when I get a notification when someone just "likes" what I said. I go there expecting a comment and there is nothing to see.

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
Yeah, those notifications of 'like' do tend to fill up fast.

I'm really fine with either way, going with or without the 'like' stuff, but it does seem to be just window dressing much of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.