What's new

How Can I Neuter My Straight Razors?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Many SR shavers on B&B have mentioned that their SR's appear to breed. I have normally resolved this problem by using full-length dividers between each razor in my M7DS cases, a bit like a bed board was used between a boy and a girl in the same bed in days gone bye. So far this appears to be working as the SR's in my M7DS's are not increasing in number within each case.

My problem is that the SR's of my third M7DS are such that full-length dividers are not practical to use in the case. All the SR's in this set look very similar so I think they are from the same family. My thoughts are to neuter each SR in the set before they are first used. How can I neuter my SR's or is there some other way to stop this incest?

In English, nouns do not have a gender. Hence razors in English are neutral, already neutered. That said, some folks on the English-speaking forums like to refer to straight razors as "she," which always strikes me as odd given that in romance-language speaking languages, a straight razor is "he." So maybe it's a linguistic thing? Are there languages in which straight razors are feminine, meeting up with, say, romance-language razors that are masculine leading to the offspring as alleged?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
In English, nouns do not have a gender. Hence razors in English are neutral, already neutered. That said, some folks on the English-speaking forums like to refer to straight razors as "she," which always strikes me as odd given that in romance-language speaking languages, a straight razor is "he." So maybe it's a linguistic thing? Are there languages in which straight razors are feminine, meeting up with, say, romance-language razors that are masculine leading to the offspring as alleged?
The UK English language has many roots in classic Latin whereas the romance languages have their roots in vulgar Latin, hence nouns in English do not normally have gender. Maybe many English speakers associate gender with some nouns to try and romanticise part of their language but do not want to be associated with vulgar Latin. In doing so they pick the opposite gender.

just like in the hog barn.

grab them by the monkey tail......

firmly grasp the holding sack.

quickly make incision with a GEM blade (or scraper blade if that's all you have)

quickly grasp orbs and yank.

dip hand in tar/salve can and coat area.

slap on the posterior region and send 'em on their way. next patient up!!!

witnessed this process in my youth...........scary. make sure the farm dog doesn't eat from the discard pile if an inside animal.

camo

just like in the hog barn.

grab them by the monkey tail......

firmly grasp the holding sack.

quickly make incision with a GEM blade (or scraper blade if that's all you have)

quickly grasp orbs and yank.

dip hand in tar/salve can and coat area.

slap on the posterior region and send 'em on their way. next patient up!!!

witnessed this process in my youth...........scary. make sure the farm dog doesn't eat from the discard pile if an inside animal.

camo
The discard pile should be a container so you can get them to the kitchen to cook up........

We always ended up cutting the pigs (castrating) and clipping their teeth, then ringing all of the adult pigs all over the course of a couple of days. The fries were our initial reward yumm. I haven't neutered a razor yet but I have not tried my hand at honing yet either:biggrin1:

Top Bottom