What's new

How can i achieve this hairstyle

Hello guys, how can i come close to this hair look, is this hair gel on his hair?
Please Recommend me some products that will make my hair look like his.
15F39AC1-028E-4B94-B3B8-0E7898B93556.jpeg

Probably hair tonic "with oil". They also sell it "without oil". Apply to damp hair using fingers. Run a comb through. Run fingers through the hair to fluff it up a bit. Allow hair to air dry.

Tres Flores that was recommended by Eclipseredring is a great product. I also use Reuzel hair tonic. The big bottle doesn't contain oil so it doesn't provide any hold to the hair. The smaller bottle has oil so it will provide a little hold after you style the hair.

20220605_121625.jpg

Can buy from USA and have it delivered here with help from friends
Well the Tres Flores liquid and the Reuzel with oil are some good ones. There is also a very old school one by Jeris with oil. That is one that a lot of American barbers used way back when. Shake before using since the oil may separate a bit.

Last edited:
Hello guys, how can i come close to this hair look, is this hair gel on his hair?
Please Recommend me some products that will make my hair look like his.View attachment 1467509
It really depends on your hair. I'm of Asian descent, so I have thick and heavy hair. (Granted, it's not quite as thick and heavy as when I was a teenager, but it's far from thin and wispy.) As such, I need something with a good amount of hold.

I can achieve a similar look with hair fiber, styling cream, elastic shaping paste, grooming, or hair gel. Also, depending on the consistency and strength of the product, I may need to add a little (or a lot of) water to the product. With some products, I'd need to have really wet hair (i.e., toweled off just enough so as not to have water drip down my face and neck) before I apply the product. Also, as with shaving soaps, a lot of the products I used have been reformulated (fortunately, I stocked up on some of the products I liked before the reformulations) so what's available now may not be what I actually prefer/would recommend*.

I can also achieve the look with hairspray, but that will likely not last me beyond several hours, let alone all day. I may be able to get the same look with hair mousse, but that is all but guaranteed to last no longer than an hour.

Basically, a lot of this is just playing around with the products available to you until you find one that works for your hair. Of course, you'll also have to try different techniques (e.g., adding water to the product, adding the product to wet hair) to find out what works for you.

*Still, the pictures below show one of my favorite products.

3052385C-B3CA-4315-9CEB-07D6B4A7E860.jpeg
8909DD45-FD03-485E-8DC7-8D8D1AF5791B.jpeg
A620EBD6-D153-49F2-ABBB-4E29FDBD0820.jpeg

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
If you like lavender then I can strongly recommend Yardley which is inexpensive and easy to find. It gives a high gloss with low hold and washes out easily.
905909.jpg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir @LambertGolden any Light Hold pomade will easily create that hairstyle. It's up to you the level of shine, according to your tastes. A water based pomade can give a shiny, medium or matte finish, while an oil based pomade will give extra sheen.

Please Recommend me some products that will make my hair look like his.View attachment 1467509
A few different products can give you a similar look, but it looks like a light water based pomade, maybe something along the lines of Suavecito Light. You can also achieve a similar look with oil based pomades. Anything that you would use to slick your hair back, but probably not something too heavy because this look is somewhat loose and heavier products tend to give you a tighter look with harder lines.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I will have to post a picture tomorrow.

I use Paul Mitchell firm hold gel on very damp hair to get that look. It's clear, in a container that is dark green, with a clear opaque flip top that you squeeze like toothpaste. Water soluble. Holds like glue if you use enough. Use less, and it still holds well but doesn't look greasy.

Top Bottom