What's new

How boars break in

Ah! This one works for me! I have the same in black handle! It has high backbone for a plissoft, because the loft is short, but has 13mm glue bump. I like it, very good at facelathering, but i prefert the 24mm Yaqi black marble, because the loft is higher and it just splays easier, it's more "luxurious". But i use the short one just fine.

Hey BF,

My RR Bruce is a similar brush and at 24/57 it's a great brush but I do think a 22 of 23/55 is about perfect for me and a blub rather than a fan knot.

Hey BF,

My RR Bruce is a similar brush and at 24/57 it's a great brush but I do think a 22 of 23/55 is about perfect for me and a blub rather than a fan knot.

That Yaqi is 50mm in loft. They misreport their sizes. Out of that 50mm, you have to detract about 13mm of glue. I don't know what to tell you. For face lathering, i like it a lot. But your Bruce, is probably the same as my 24mm Yaqi and it's better. YMMV.

That Yaqi is 50mm in loft. They misreport their sizes. Out of that 50mm, you have to detract about 13mm of glue. I don't know what to tell you. For face lathering, i like it a lot. But your Bruce, is probably the same as my 24mm Yaqi and it's better. YMMV.

Ayaya... And I just got a new yaqi brown ferrari. Its not super precise but Yaqi brushes will have slight variations as its assembly line work.

Either way I hope to get the brushes by tmr to try em.

Thx for the info BF.

Happy shaves

Mawashi

Ayaya... And I just got a new yaqi brown ferrari. Its not super precise but Yaqi brushes will have slight variations as its assembly line work.

Either way I hope to get the brushes by tmr to try em.

Thx for the info BF.

Happy shaves

Mawashi

Yaqi puts on the website, the knot sizes before these are inserted in the handle. Except for some models where the sizes are correct. It's a mess. But, even with slightly wrong sizes, unless you get a defective brush with glue overflow, the synthetics are a great bargain and their badgers even greater.

I had paid for that brush you linked, EUR 5,12 in 2017 (i logged into Aliexpress to check). Probably with some discount, but who remembers. Yaqi prices apparently slowly go up.

Last edited:
Yaqi puts on the website, the knot sizes before these are inserted in the handle. Except for some models where the sizes are correct. It's a mess. But, even with slightly wrong sizes, unless you get a defective brush with glue overflow, the synthetics are a great bargain and their badgers even greater.

I had paid for that brush you linked, EUR 5,12 in 2017 (i logged into Aliexpress to check). Probably with some discount, but who remembers. Yaqi prices apparently slowly go up.

Hey BF,

In a way that's a good thing for me as I prefer shorter lofts.

It seems with the newer aqua high mountain brush, they give discriptions of the finished brushed.
Screenshot_20190518_084849_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

The prices have perhaps increased but they are still way more affordable than some other brands. Plus they have really great on sale prices.

Well I can only confirm my thoughts after I get the package from the post office.

Fingers crossed that they are great.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Hey BF,

In a way that's a good thing for me as I prefer shorter lofts.

It seems with the newer aqua high mountain brush, they give discriptions of the finished brushed.

The prices have perhaps increased but they are still way more affordable than some other brands. Plus they have really great on sale prices.

Well I can only confirm my thoughts after I get the package from the post office.

Fingers crossed that they are great.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Well, in newer synthetics, they were supposed to have more accurate descriptions and smaller gluebump. But i only have old models. They sure still are very good bargains. Simply, like with all companies, as you start building reputation, the prices start going up too. However, being a proprietor of Yaqi 2 bands, they are still a bargain even at current price.

Good luck!

Well, in newer synthetics, they were supposed to have more accurate descriptions and smaller gluebump. But i only have old models. They sure still are very good bargains. Simply, like with all companies, as you start building reputation, the prices start going up too. However, being a proprietor of Yaqi 2 bands, they are still a bargain even at current price.

Good luck!

Abdolutely and I really can't wait for them to arrive but guess what.... Singpost screwed up big time I have no idea when I'll be getting my brushes :(!

Abdolutely and I really can't wait for them to arrive but guess what.... Singpost screwed up big time I have no idea when I'll be getting my brushes :(!

That's why i 'd rather pay a bit more and buy locally, than order again from China. I know this situation... Best of luck!

That's why i 'd rather pay a bit more and buy locally, than order again from China. I know this situation... Best of luck!

BF,

Yaqi is fantastic they send another package the moment the heard about my issues its the mud for brains local post office that screwed up.

BF,

Yaqi is fantastic they send another package the moment the heard about my issues its the mud for brains local post office that screwed up.

That is great! I am glad for you. Their customer attention is certainly exemplary. I had browsed the italian forum for opinions before buying and all the persons that had knot defects and reported it to Yaqi, received the reply: "keep the brush and we will send you a new one". This was my first purchase from China, but it was encouraging and so i decided to order too.

That is great! I am glad for you. Their customer attention is certainly exemplary. I had browsed the italian forum for opinions before buying and all the persons that had knot defects and reported it to Yaqi, received the reply: "keep the brush and we will send you a new one". This was my first purchase from China, but it was encouraging and so i decided to order too.

BF,

In fact all my purchases via aliexpress have been really good and backed by great customer service should something go wrong.

I have received much better service from aliexpress than with most retailers which, is why a lot of companies are losing customers left, right and center to online shopping.

Sorry my bad. I guess I jumped the gun there.
I have tried a yaqi moka and DS cosmetic synthetic in past. Leather fingers; I am done with leather flinging.
Ali express customer service is wonky at best. TLDR, their real 'human' custom reps can't really help you other then re submission of your claims /evidence/ pictures etc. If the seller decided to ignore you, you are just screwed. Ali express resolve issue in a pre defined time frame and sellers just wait for closing of that window and you are done. I got a dud badger with inordinate high glue bump from Co X and received a $10 automatic refund from Ali express. Seller walked away saying, no evidence of 'damage' could be seen in the picture or the video I sent.

BF,

In fact all my purchases via aliexpress have been really good and backed by great customer service should something go wrong.

I have received much better service from aliexpress than with most retailers which, is why a lot of companies are losing customers left, right and center to online shopping.

When your brushes arrive, check the glue height (press with your fingers at the base of the knot). In the old models, that glue was about 13mm high. In the new ones, it should be less. In some defective brushes, the glue could be as high as half way up the knot. In this case, report it to them. They will probably ask you for a photo that demonstrates how high the glue bump is. Normally they should send you another.

I can only testify of the stellar Yaqi customer service.
I have many synthetic brushes, I can say to have pretty much all "variants" covered (except the timber wolf and the ugly white knot with black tips) but, for some reason, my favorite is still my RR Bruce (24mm) I've bought in late 2016.
I took a long hiatus from natural brushes as I've used synths almost exclusively in 2017 and 2018 but in the past months I returned to my boars with great satisfaction.

I'm confused. So after the boar bristles split, they turn into Yaqi synthetics?

Just kidding.......Carry on.

Sorry my bad. I guess I jumped the gun there.
I have tried a yaqi moka and DS cosmetic synthetic in past. Leather fingers; I am done with leather flinging.
Ali express customer service is wonky at best. TLDR, their real 'human' custom reps can't really help you other then re submission of your claims /evidence/ pictures etc. If the seller decided to ignore you, you are just screwed. Ali express resolve issue in a pre defined time frame and sellers just wait for closing of that window and you are done. I got a dud badger with inordinate high glue bump from Co X and received a $10 automatic refund from Ali express. Seller walked away saying, no evidence of 'damage' could be seen in the picture or the video I sent.

That's why I'll always pay via credit card because of a clause called disputed transaction. If in doubt and with evidence of product failure I'll write in to say I'm not paying for an item unsuited for the purposes it was purchased for. Then let the card Co trash it out while you leave a -10 feedback for the merchant.

When your brushes arrive, check the glue height (press with your fingers at the base of the knot). In the old models, that glue was about 13mm high. In the new ones, it should be less. In some defective brushes, the glue could be as high as half way up the knot. In this case, report it to them. They will probably ask you for a photo that demonstrates how high the glue bump is. Normally they should send you another.

I'll try but I have no idea when I'll get the brushes. I'll just break out the vernier just in case.

I can only testify of the stellar Yaqi customer service.
I have many synthetic brushes, I can say to have pretty much all "variants" covered (except the timber wolf and the ugly white knot with black tips) but, for some reason, my favorite is still my RR Bruce (24mm) I've bought in late 2016.
I took a long hiatus from natural brushes as I've used synths almost exclusively in 2017 and 2018 but in the past months I returned to my boars with great satisfaction.

I'm real happy to use all my brushes but piggies are one of my fav brushes.

So far the Bruce has been exceptional but I do wish for a slightly smaller knot and loft. Just ever so slightly smaller only lol.

Top Bottom