What's new

How big is your Polsilver stash?

I bought 100 feathers from Thailand when I visited couple months ago. They are ultra sharp but thats about it and suddnely seems to hit a wall after 3 shaves. I wish they were more comfortable though.
My go to blades have been Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum (Got almost 1500). They are sharp and very comfortable; I get 4 shaves out of them.
But Polsilvers turned out super smooth for me and lasts 4 shaves. Getting to know that new Polsilvers are just the same as legendery Wizmat Polsilvers is plus for meandI am thinking ordering a hoard of 500 bladesas I hate wandering about in smaple wasteland.
There is a seller on ebay sending 100's for $ 15.99 with free postage and tracked. But his packaging is meh. He simply shove them in a letter and you get blades alright but tuck covers are all sqashed.

One shaver devised a system to measure the sharpness of a wide variety of blades. He measured the force necessary to sever a test media before and after each shave with a test blade.

He found that some blades are sharper than others, no surprise there. Uncoated blades like Feather may be very sharp on the first shave, but quickly lose sharpness. Coated blades often get sharper after the first shave as the coating wears off. The investigation confirms with objective testing what many folks are indicating based on subjective feel in the posts above.

According to the data, the lower the sharpness rating, the sharper the blade. Although Feather is the sharpest blade on the first shave by a wide margin, over the coarse of three shaves, BIC Chrome Platinum and PermaSharp Super are slightly sharper than Feather. According to these tests, other blades that are nearly as sharp are: Nacets, 7 O' Clock Black, Personna Israeli Reds, and German Wilkinson Swords. There are a number of other blades that are just slightly below that in sharpness.

For those looking for a sharp blade that is inexpensive, the Astra Super Stainless blade might be suitable. Although Astra Superior Platinum blades receive lots of favorable comments, due to the platinum coating, they are not as sharp as Super Stainless, but the coating makes them smoother. If sharpness were the only criteria needed to select blades, that selection would be easy. However, for most of us sharpness, smoothness, cost per blade and longevity also plays a role.

Sorry to go OT but where exactly in Thailand can you get them. I was in BKK in Dec and could never find anywhere to get DEs at reasonable prices. I saw russian gillets going for crazy prices at the supermarkets and watsons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to go OT but where exactly in Thailand can you get them. I was in BKK in Dec and could never find anywhere to get DEs at reasonable prices. I saw russian gillets going for crazy prices at the supermarkets and watsons.
I don't remember the place but it wasn't a very touristy area. There was a biggish Buddhist monastery and a corner store was selling the feathers. To my understanding Buddhist monks are largest blade user group in Thailand and lot of mom & pop corner stores carry blades that can be gifted to them monks. Feather blades being available in such stores make sense. I never came across any DE blades in supermarket in BKK.

I bought 100 last year and I've used two or three of them. Like them a lot but considering the number of various blades I have it's very hard going through them.

I don't remember the place but it wasn't a very touristy area. There was a biggish Buddhist monastery and a corner store was selling the feathers. To my understanding Buddhist monks are largest blade user group in Thailand and lot of mom & pop corner stores carry blades that can be gifted to them monks. Feather blades being available in such stores make sense. I never came across any DE blades in supermarket in BKK.

OK... That narrows it down lol.
I find it strange to find feathers so popular in Thailand and are so cheap. Wonder how feathers overtook Gillette there?

$15.99USD from this seller.

100 POLSILVER SUPER IRIDIUM DE BLADES PRIORITY SHIPPING WITH TRACKING | eBay

I bought mine from him and no issues. They're legit. I had them in two weeks to the day to me here in Canada and shipping on the 200 was under $5CAD

View attachment 895221 View attachment 895222 View attachment 895223

Some sites have them at higher prices because of the rumors of the end of production. I personally see that as a despicable business practice.
$25 now

Razor Blades Club. $16.95 shipped. They haven’t raised their price one bit. I’m not sure where you guys have been looking with increasing prices? I also have a hard time believing there are counterfeit blades out there for the price point.

My modest stash is below. 90 modern and 250 vintage. A few tucks are with my daily shave stuff. I find the vintage shaves better than modern, but both are great. Plus, I love the smell of old gear oil on the old blades.
proxy.php
Over $30 last time I checked

Mac I have never seen Polsilvers going past $16.50 on the bay. Them Bulgarian sellers are usually at top of competitive pricing.
I could not find any polsilver on the bay cheaper than $25
Razor Blades Club. $16.95 shipped. They haven’t raised their price one bit. I’m not sure where you guys have been looking with increasing prices? I also have a hard time believing there are counterfeit blades out there for the price point.

My modest stash is below. 90 modern and 250 vintage. A few tucks are with my daily shave stuff. I find the vintage shaves better than modern, but both are great. Plus, I love the smell of old gear oil on the old blades.
proxy.php

$31 Canadian dollars on your website now

Last edited:
Well, I pulled the trigger again and ordered 1000 of Wizamets. BTW the Polsilver Super Iridium and Wizamet Iridium Super are exact same blades with only difference being PSI are 5 per tuck and WSI are packed 10 per tuck with different outer packaging. This order of 1000 and old stash sets me fixed up for about 20 years of milage.
6.jpg

I’ve got 7 left. 50 being delivered tomorrow 😅. Hey I’ve never looked or heard of Wizamets. Where do y’all buy them - what sites?

I have a whopping 5-pack tuck of these and scared to try 'em!
Don't be scared, they are not feathers but they work for you, god help you with BAD. These are just go good.
I’ve got 7 left. 50 being delivered tomorrow 😅. Hey I’ve never looked or heard of Wizamets. Where do y’all buy them - what sites?
The online bay, just google Wizamet blades+ebay and hunt down the bulk offers. If you haven't used them before, try your 50 first before committing to bulk buy. I have around 1900 of them so I am good for a long while.

Don't be scared, they are not feathers but they work for you, god help you with BAD. These are just go good.

The online bay, just google Wizamet blades+ebay and hunt down the bulk offers. If you haven't used them before, try your 50 first before committing to bulk buy. I have around 1900 of them so I am good for a long while.
Thanks brother! 👊👊👊

BTW the Polsilver Super Iridium and Wizamet Iridium Super are exact same blades...

I noticed one superficial difference on the blades themselves between my Polsilvers and my Wizamets (circa 2019).
In the printing on the blades, Polsilvers have SUPER IRIDIUM®, while Wizamets have SUPER IRIDIUM™ .

The blades themselves shave superbly; I cannot discern a difference.

I've got 750 Wizamets and a few hundred Polsilvers, which I had bought before discovering the Wizamets.

I like the Wiz better. I know the blades are exactly the same, but I just like the 10-blade tucks and the retro vibe of the Wiz, even knowing it's the same as Polsilver. If I was going to load up any more, it'd be the Wiz.

Victim of marketing.

Top Bottom